Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BILL GRIST
                    Very nice I love that flare gun stuff...wfg
                    Thank you Bill!

Comment

Flare Gun Holsters

I have a good friend that has been collecting flare guns, holsters and accessories for many years. About two years ago, he purchased two beautiful holsters, one of which had been painted over to create a camo effect. This collector knows his stuff but he showed them in a large display last year and it was determined that both were reproductions. They had been offered to a big time collector that had also bought them and returned them. My friend called to return them but the seller said he had "kept" them too long for a refund. From my limited experience with them, these holsters looked original in every way. They were aged and distressed enough to look like period pieces. They were supposedly made in Pakistan or India, maybe. My friend is now STUCK with them. Beware!!!! I do like yours, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Farrell
                        I have a good friend that has been collecting flare guns, holsters and accessories for many years. About two years ago, he purchased two beautiful holsters, one of which had been painted over to create a camo effect. This collector knows his stuff but he showed them in a large display last year and it was determined that both were reproductions. They had been offered to a big time collector that had also bought them and returned them. My friend called to return them but the seller said he had "kept" them too long for a refund. From my limited experience with them, these holsters looked original in every way. They were aged and distressed enough to look like period pieces. They were supposedly made in Pakistan or India, maybe. My friend is now STUCK with them. Beware!!!! I do like yours, though.
                        Nice point Robbie.....fakers age and distress things to such an extent that they get very difficult to tell,short of ending in the hands of a very experienced collector,which thing means that he(the collecor!)should be able to recognize all those little signs that scream either "I'm genuine!" or "Steer clear,I'm the biggest t#rd you could possibly find!".
                        One of the members of this forum offers these holsters on eBay from time to time and,as ANYTHING ELSE he auctions, they're POSITIVELY,ABSOLUTELY genuine!
                        The 27mm holster I've seen to date were all made in Eastern Europe and they weren't aged at all, if not for the fact that they smelled like beef-jerky!
                        Many repros(FAKES) are now coming from India and Pakistan and they are very well made,namely presstoff goodies and M24 Stielhand grenaden,the latter easily told by the wrongly reproduced markings though!
                        Manny

Comment

Excelent

Peter Wiking

Comment

Thank you Manny,

Very educative thread and perfect pictures,

Mark

Comment

Hello All, Do you need a holster for you flare pistol ? See ebay,item # 2264914938
                              “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

Nice.

Hi Manny,

great thread. i've toyed with the idea of buying one of these in the not so distant past, but they just do not turn up over here often enough to get a feel for them.Hence the holster shaped hole in my collection.
                                Superb detail pictures this time too. A new camera perhaps?

Thanks for taking the time to post,

Patrick.

PS. does anyone have an image of the Indian and Pakistani repros?
                                Last edited by Patrick Dempsey; 08-27-2004, 12:24 PM. Reason: further thoughts...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X