This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maksiusta View Post
    Is thiscover a second world war production?

Yes it is.

By the way; you know you can add photos directly to WAF server ( you don't need to be associated member anymore to add photos to WAF server ). Also the posting outside hosting is prohibited ( and your post/thread can be deleted if you use external hostisng sides ).

Same in polish; używanie zewnętrznych hostów do zdjęć jest zabronione na WAF ( posty i wątki z takimi hostowanymi linkami mogą być kasowane )! Druga sprawa; od jakiegoś czasu można, bezpośrednio załączać zdjęcia na serwer WAF ( nie trzeba mieć już statusu Association Member ).

Comment

Hi and happy new year,

i work on DFS230 crash site with heer soldiers (OSTtruppen ukrainnian), french volonteers and maybe german fallschirmjager on bord. This glider caught fire and the field has been plowed. I found this, in the middle of other standard personal equipment. I think the aluminum piece can be a quarter of a gourd. ( maybe late war?? ) thank you for help me to identify this.

Comment

Happy new year!
        Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic happy new year

Comment

Originally posted by Arroyo View Post
            i work on DFS230 crash site with heer soldiers (OSTtruppen ukrainnian), french volonteers and maybe german fallschirmjager on bord. This glider caught fire and the field has been plowed. I found this, in the middle of other standard personal equipment. I think the aluminum piece can be a quarter of a gourd. ( maybe late war?? ) thank you for help me to identify this.
            Wow, looks like an amazing story! Could you write some more about this crash? When did it take place? Was it in southern France?

Comment

Originally posted by kiler View Post
              Wow, looks like an amazing story! Could you write some more about this crash? When did it take place? Was it in southern France?
              Yes southern france, Vercors, Unteroffizier Metzen glider. suspected to be crashed after hitting an electrical line, but still little information yet.

Comment

I'm assuming that you may have read issue 174 of After the Battle magazine that deals with the anti partisan operation at Vercors?

https://www.docdroid.net/ncEMCk0/aft...74-vercors.pdf

Comment

3 nice "real" GBJ canteens.
                  From left to right:
                  1-full matching canteen with his long strap
                  2-mid to late war example with his additional loop
                  3-a real labeled "been there"
                  Attached Files

Comment

3 more canteens, all "been there".
                    From left to right
                    1-2/ canteens as 1941 rules (with field repainted cups)
                    3- canteen with double painted cup, first paint as 1941 rules then tan painted
                    Attached Files

Comment

The "Mother" of all canteens
                      Attached Files

Comment

My latest additions, more detailed pictures; fjm44.com/articles

Best Regards

Frederik
                        Attached Files

Comment

Fabulous photos in the article Frederik, thanks for posting!

Comment

Thank you Mike, I am 1000 articles in and hope to drop another 1000 this year.

Best Regards

Frederik

Comment

Aluminium cup.

Originally posted by adjstz View Post
                              Hello, what do you think of this cup ?

I come late... the aluminium pur marking is french, i have the same on a postwar M31 mess kit, with french M35 style handle. Menesa was in Sarre, French occupation zone after 1945.

Comment

Original wartime cup with double marking MN and MeNeSa, nothing wrong there

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X