Attached Files

Comment

very nice !
          but I cannot help regarding the stamp

Comment

German canteen AEMA43

Hi there,

Great canteens! On EBay, right now.

German WWII M42 canteen enameled K98 k G43 belt grenade helmet camo.

Comment

Questions on a "WWII" canteen...

Gentlemen,
              There is a canteen on ebay at the time, marked as "Post WWII German Gebirgsjaeger..."and so on. Now, I hunt down 1 liter bottles to rebuild into suitable canteens for our reenacting unbit, and this has a repro cover and strap, but the bottle intrigues me. No markings, and is identical to a WWI officers canteen I once had, save for the fact that this one is aluminum. Like the WWI bottle, this one uses a stopper.
              What is the provenance of this bottle ? Might anyone know...who would be making such a bottle in WWII. Or is it a WWI piece made of aluminum?

Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MULON View Post
                Hey guys...look here.....
                New entry in my collection....

do you need an ESB 33 cup ?

Comment

A HRE43 with a dual tone strap
                  Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Can opener

I've come across this tool some days ago. As far as I noticed, it's produced for Wehrmaht by C&C.W 42 (Colsmann&Co. in Werdohl?) in 1942, right?

I'm concerned about the logo however. Is it a regular logo for can openers or does that mean it was produced for a special kind of forces?
                          Is there any chance to get to know what units were supplied by tools produced by Colsmann&Co. and what tools were produced there?

Comment

4th Division's HRE 43

Hi,

ONLY if it's flexible - I suspect that if you undid the leather strap around the neck of your Kokosnuss you will find a 45 date.

Totally 45-dated HRE's are rare but, thanks to a friend who's an "HRE Nut", I have an HRE43 with a 45-dated strap and a small alu HRE45 cup.

Normal 43 straps have the complex sprung catch but the 45 straps have these woven eyelets or (as on another of mine) metal eyelets.

A long time ago I said to myself that I only need one example of the Kokosnuss until meeting my friend Jon led me into the secrets of this canteen!

The remaining mystery is the absence of 44-dated specimens - does nobody know why?

Good hunting,

Grossfuss

Comment

A mint 1 liter G&CL 42 canteen with a green bakelite cup. More pictures on my website.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grossfuss View Post
                                Totally 45-dated HRE's are rare but, thanks to a friend who's an "HRE Nut", I have an HRE43 with a 45-dated strap and a small alu HRE45 cup.
                                The really funny thing is that ALL coconuts with HRE45 Alu cups had HRE43 bodies and most HRE45 bodies had 1943 dated large steel cups.

Why....?
                                I fear we will never know...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X