Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went through this list http://www.lerenfort.fsnet.co.uk/page13N.htm and what a unluck!- F7 missing there too.

Comment

Guys, interesting info are there, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz84 View Post
        Very nice Gran Sasso
        all three with the same mark/stamp?

Mulòn.....
        Yes, all show the same markings.

Comment

My darlings, most of them not in very good shape, but almost all found in Estonia (except for 4 or 5 of them). I also love ground dug and "heavily wounded" bottles and cups, some cups are seen here

Comment

I like your display

Comment

Great!!

Comment

Originally posted by gnadenlose View Post
                I went through this list http://www.lerenfort.fsnet.co.uk/page13N.htm and what a unluck!- F7 missing there too.
                Thanks for visiting the site. The Bakelite codes list is still an active work in progress so any confirmed additions that other collectors can add will be gratefully received.

Comment

I got new medics1l canteen and it raises a question: it's only marked on the neck of the bottle 29 (29 being the only marking), the cap is blanc and on the cover the print is too faded to read. I know that canteens with no marking at all aren't that rare, but I've never met one only with numeric marking. What secret hides behind this type of marks?

Comment

Many questions have remained the questions, let me try another one. Got the regular M31 army canteen today, but I suspect it's not ok. There are absolutely no markings (except for some figures in the "holed" end of strap, looks to be 10 or 16); the hook looks much like repro; the cover is strange. Could this be post war?

Comment

Motley last ditch Coconut made of what was left at the time came in with the mail today.
                      Straps made of green web, leather and tan web on closure.
                      Closure is marked HRE 44 while the canteen has a 43 marking.

Comment

gnadenlose: IMHO your canteen is ok, I see no problem with.

knoffhoff: really really interesting one, can I see it on my hand?
                        Joke

Comment

Blue cover canteen

Last purchase. Dark blue cover signed EAS39. Brown leather strap has the same code.
                          Bottle, cap and cup signed HWSD39.
                          Interesting feature is it's capacity- about 1l. GJ canteen for comparison... [GJ canteen is repro].
                          I don't really know what formation used to use these canteens. Some people believ it's DLV canteen, or even LW canteen
                          It can be civil design as well... How do you think?

Comment

Here are my canteens from left to right.
                            all maching MN41,cup is marked CFL 43 body is markC&C.W.42 and back clip is marked G A M 38, screw top is marked smm 33 red body unmark, last canteen is HRE 42

Comment

Blue canteen.

My newest acquisition. Another blue canteen. It is almost impossible to find two bottles with the same shade of blue.
                              Attached Files

Comment

My collection of German 31 pattern canteens

... and update.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X