Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like an interesting story indeed, the no. would be feldpost, can check this in the military id's forum, or some one will see it here

Comment

Nice!...The number seems to be a Kriegsmarine #.

Comment

Tropical canteen.

This is what I call tropical canteen. S.K.U. 1941 dated. Marked S.K.U. on strap, neck and wool cover.
        Attached Files

Comment

RBD Reichsbahndirektion Stuttgart Canteen

This one is ZPStZ 1937 dated and matching. Marked RBD on back strap and cup. Please, pay attention to this cup!
          Attached Files

Comment

Back.
            Attached Files

Comment

Details.
              Attached Files

Comment

AEM A canteen cups

Four cups. Dated 1943 and 1944. 1944 dated is brown inside. One of 1943 dated is almost blue inside. Two oyhers are nearly black.
                Attached Files

Comment

whsammler, thank you for the helpful comments. I have tried to capture the stitching which "seals" the bottle into the cover. I hope it is of some help. There is a "bridle" of thread at the top, very similar to an award loop sewn on a tunic. I looked back at my previous post, several comments were made, including, mysteriously, Mulon who said it was a standard late-war canteen. I have been very impressed by Mulon's postings, he has a superb collection and deep knowledge of waterbottles and messkits, but I was somewhat puzzled by "standard", as I, like you, have never seen another like it. It was also mooted as post-war, but all of the elements are, or appear to be, in keeping with late-war production. I guess it is just another of the, seemingly, hundreds of variations necessitated by the situation in 1945?
                  Attached Files

Comment

And very slightly closer. It is a real mystery how this closure is possible, but I guess a good seamstress would know how!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hjb 44

Standard, aluminium bottle with not often seen maker and date.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Red cup

What is exact date on this red cup?

Originally posted by whsammler View Post
                        A few new members to the "Canteen Club"..more detailed photos to come this weekend.

Enjoy...

Comment

HRE steel cup date.

If this is the same example that went on eBay recently for $180-odd, and the pictures convince me it is, then it's 1943 [HRE43]

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by pzo View Post
                            This one is ZPStZ 1937 dated and matching. Marked RBD on back strap and cup. Please, pay attention to this cup!
                            Interesting period "construction error", IMO

Comment

Four cups. Dated 1943 and 1944. 1944 dated is brown inside. One of 1943 dated is almost blue inside. Two oyhers are nearly black.
                              Super example are there
                              THe one with the brown inside is the first that I ever seen
                              The one with bluse inside I think would AEM.A made

Thanks for share those cup

Comment

Standard, aluminium bottle with not often seen maker and date.

Total agree with you

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X