SS VT drill tunic modified for a officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texasuberalles View Post
    In the same bag were 3 bullion TK tabs, 2 woven EM TK tabs, a set of Germania boards,
    an SS2 tab and 3 old fighters chevrons. Alg. Off #1 and 4, red 5 ct., Germania bullion CT, 2 B&W and one silver and black Alg, shoulder boards and quite a bit of loose black and silver piping.
    No one who has seen the items in hand have ever had a problem of any sort with any of the items.

So, yes, I think it's OK.
    i just went green reading this , how did you come across the bag

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
      If you are getting it at a good price that tunic is very rare if it shows all the marks of alterations. I just don't believe it to badged during the war. Not many still around in collections.
      Of course I subscribe to this. Still IMO it is very much possible that such a pre war tunic could have received these insignia during the war, plenty of period images proof this, so not a far stretch for that matter. But again, in this case very hard to tell one way or the other. In any case not factory issue, that is a simple fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
        Of course I subscribe to this. Still IMO it is very much possible that such a pre war tunic could have received these insignia during the war, plenty of period images proof this, so not a far stretch for that matter. But again, in this case very hard to tell one way or the other. In any case not factory issue, that is a simple fact.
        At least your not dealing with fake this fake that .

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
          i just went green reading this , how did you come across the bag
          It's been over 40 years ago. It was at a show of some sort here in Texas.
          All I remember is the dude knew they were German and were in a black drawstring bag. The bag was non descript. I remember the rest as I still have it all except a red bordered CT and a enlisted TK tab that was horribly mothed. I'll never understand how a single item was so mothed and the rest of the items weren't. I've pondered the question for years with no answer.

Here's a link to the G boards posted for another reason:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1005829

Comment

So far you haven't contributed anything to this thread about the tunic in question other than an "I like it".
            Since it is film used then for someone to think it is untouched and was found this way is quite a stretch. A knowledgeable Dealer or collector however would assume that the eagle needed to be an early one and well any old collar tabs since numbered tabs are scarce....oh and pink piped officer boards on a 1930's tunic...really a stretch, change the boards and tabs but not the eagle which isn't even factory stitched ? But I guess years of study mount to nothing...except people trying to convince themselves their horse came in first when it had only one good leg.

Either you can't read very well or you just want to argue, so I will try again. It's a pre war tunic that could have had any number of different insignia applied to it at any time during the war, It's also a post war film used tunic, so discussing if the insignia is originally applied is mental masturbation.

Comment

It is what it is . . . but could be described in most any way you may prefer?

So far you haven't contributed anything to this thread about the tunic in question other than an "I like it".
              Since it is film used then for someone to think it is untouched and was found this way is quite a stretch. A knowledgeable Dealer or collector however would assume that the eagle needed to be an early one and well any old collar tabs since numbered tabs are scarce....oh and pink piped officer boards on a 1930's tunic...really a stretch, change the boards and tabs but not the eagle which isn't even factory stitched ? But I guess years of study mount to nothing...except people trying to convince themselves their horse came in first when it had only one good leg.
              Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
              Either you can't read very well or you just want to argue, so I will try again. It's a pre war tunic that could have had any number of different insignia applied to it at any time during the war, It's also a post war film used tunic, so discussing if the insignia is originally applied is mental masturbation.
              So what's wrong with saying it is an authentic, pre-war tunic with what is more probable to be post-war attached authentic insignia - likely to have been used in a foreign film-stuidio, post-war?

Is that not what both of you are attempting to say?

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                So what's wrong with saying it is an authentic, pre-war tunic with what is more probable to be post-war attached authentic insignia - likely to have been used in a foreign film-stuidio, post-war?

Is that not what both of you are attempting to say?
                Nice efford to mediate but I'm actually surprised we are still discussing the tunic as being pre war since it is not!

The basic tunic is pre war but OF COURSE modifications and insignia were not earlier attached than likely 1940 and if tabs are the tunics originals, even at a later date. No reason to debate this since all will remain guessing and be assumptions from that unwards.

Another nice example is posted on page 665 of Beaver's volume 2 on the W-SS and on the following pages we find the subject tunic and some nice period photo examples as well.

Comment

I finally have the subject tunic in hand. As the tailor tag reveals, first modifications were done in July 1939; all insignia are well embedded and share equal wear as the tunic, but let us refrain of discussing this, was after all never my intention in the first place.

Neat details IMO are the additional two top buttons/button holes which of course were missing on the original issue VT tunic, removed back support buttons and the added inner pocket.

I would still welcome the collector history after it left the Statni studios, much appreciated if someone could -privately- share this with me?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X