Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS VT drill tunic modified for a officer

Greetings all,

IMO the basic tunic is a nice original SS-VT drillich tunic, period converted for a officer. Insignia look fine as well.

Since I was not yet able to inspect the garment in hand I was curious if this particular tunic was already known to perhaps some of you?
    Attached Files

Is that earthgrey or earthbrown?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert999 View Post
      Is that earthgrey or earthbrown?
      It is earthgrey, the photos make it look more brownish… It is actualy the same tunic as pictured in one of Beaver's volumes and I was interested in it's provenance.

Comment

Interesting tunic. That would be nice to find out more about it's history and provenance.

Jack

Comment

I'm calling the collar tabs out as fake.

Steve

Comment

Haven't this one been discussed before? George Petersen owned it once? Might mix them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
              Haven't this one been discussed before? George Petersen owned it once? Might mix them up.
              Well that would be a start, I was not able to find it? As we all know there are only a handful of SS (officer) tunics with a solid provenance, I have no illusion this to be one of them. Obviously the provenance of this tunic starts no earlier than in the Statni Film Studio post war; but was it found with these insignia on it or...?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair View Post
                I'm calling the collar tabs out as fake.

Steve
                Is this opinion shared by others as well? Without taking the general accepted RZM manufactured as reference I mean.

Comment

I don’t know when this was put together or how anyone could say unless the tabs are in fact fake . So I must agree one must say after Stani film use to be safe . I wouldn’t mind having an NCO version of this style.

Comment

OK let’s look at the SS runes on the collar tab. Not of early quality that would be expected. The pips on the rank tabs are rubbish In mt opinion.
                    Not something I would own. Hey let’s see what big hitters have to say.
                    What’s your thoughts Mr Hritz

Comment

Nice Tunic, and something you can believe in......i would not turn that one down. And just because you did not see something before not means it did not exist.
                      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Was this one of Willy Schumachers tunics ? If it is the one I am thinking of it was found stripped and re-badged. The tabs and pips are original.
                        Last edited by John Pic; 06-17-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Thank you John. It would be interesting if this indeed could be verified.
                          Contrary to the eagle, the tabs are hand sewn by the way.

I also find nothing wrong in the tabs myself, pips are known originals IMO just like the ones on this tab.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Zauberflöte; 06-17-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
                            Thank you John. It would be interesting if Willy could verify, I will ask him.
                            Contrary to the eagle, the tabs are hand sewn by the way.

I also find nothing wrong in the tabs myself, pips are known originals IMO just like the ones on this tab.
                            I think he has passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
                              I think he has passed away.
                              Yes, I just edited my respons, came to the same conclusion just when you where responding.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X