No announcement yet.

SS Gahr Rune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted my opinion on this "gahr" necklace when it was first shown on WAF. Cannot recall when but the thread is out there somewhere. In my opinion the kulturzeichen was added to a Estonian brooch/necklace from the 1930s. It is not Gahr.

Comment

Gahr pendant?

found it quickly by searching for Gahr:

"thanks for showing this item and the marks. The piece looks like many similar pieces of jewelry made in the same time period in Estonia or eastern europe in the nordic style. The stamp is off-center and the shield that it is stamped upon looks too large for the piece. The proportions are wrong in my opinion for this size pendant. It just looks faked and likely is not a Gahr item nor an ss approved item. It would be interesting to see if the large shield was applied to cover or hide another silver maker's mark but it may damage the piece. Although I would consider prying it off just to find out."

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=gahr

Comment

Hi,

thanks Gaspare and Capt R. for your additional and very important infos !

See You

Vince

Comment

Greetings Norman, do a search here and on internet on SS Kulturzeichen..

the 2nd piece.. Content marked 925.. Wouldn't be wartime. So now the thinking is its pre war. Most jewelers even in the 20s for a high content piece would have used 900 or even 950.. The in stamp on the box [?] looks brand new.. Some of the old Gahr boxes had the name and address, either on the lid or inside lid.

- silver has been cheap for years now. Ink stamps inexpensive.. Plenty of out of work craftsmen out there too.
          There is just SO much enormous profit in making a counterfeit Gahr piece its not funny. IF your really interested in these types of pieces there are some period reference/catalogs etc. out there. Well worth the time to seek out and even at 20% of the cost of the first piece you will have saved yourself much heartache and monetary loss.

I agree with Cap R., not something to want, could be Baltic etc.
          No good provenance, poor quality, any little thing suspicious,,,I'd say,,let someone else get that one..........,G.

Comment

Sold for round about 1800

Comment

SS Gahr Rune

I've seen it. Had thought she will not go away.
              In any case, I've listened to your advice and kept my fingers off it.
              Great guys and thanks for your help.

Cheers Norman

Comment

This is the Gahr badge that is contained in the Gahr box previously shown on here. As you can see there is no silver content mark.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X