• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No

No it is not just you.

Comment

Hi.

The visor has been "ripped apart" on the forum some time ago.
      The breeches had light-gray lampssen stripes on the sides and that is not good.
      I have only these pictures. The grouping togeather was bougth from a wellknown german dealer for over 10 years ago and I bougth it for 5 years ago. Now it is in a norwegian collection. The documents, medals and badges were all original.

Regards
      Derek

Comment

Originally posted by DeMil View Post
        Hi.

I have only these pictures. The grouping togeather was bougth from a wellknown german dealer for over 10 years ago and I bougth it for 5 years ago. Now it is in a norwegian collection. The documents, medals and badges were all original.

Regards
        Derek
        Did the “well known” German dealer give a COA on the tunic, breaches & visor by chance? Is this the same dealer that’s name has been popping up a lot lately?

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
          Did the “well known” German dealer give a COA on the tunic, breaches & visor by chance? Is this the same dealer that’s name has been popping up a lot lately?

Yes the group had a COA from the dealer.
          I am not sure as I see plenty of "well known" names now adays of german dealers that has sold expensive fakes over the years

Derek

Comment

Yes the group had a COA from the dealer.
            I am not sure as I see plenty of "well known" names now adays of german dealers that has sold expensive fakes over the years

Derek
            Initials H.W.?

Comment

Interesting character Gustav Lombard, Ive been doing some reading on the SS Cavalry Brigade because of my latest uniform. Id like to find more info on him to read in the future. The uncle of American actress Carol Lombard who was Clark Gable's honey,later killed in a plane crash.Supposedly Gustav Lombard worked as a car salesman in Missouri , USA before returning to Germany and serving in the SS.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                Initials H.W.?

It came from Hamburg

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                  Interesting character Gustav Lombard, Ive been doing some reading on the SS Cavalry Brigade because of my latest uniform. Id like to find more info on him to read in the future. The uncle of American actress Carol Lombard who was Clark Gable's honey,later killed in a plane crash.Supposedly Gustav Lombard worked as a car salesman in Missouri , USA before returning to Germany and serving in the SS.

He was commander of 8. SS-Kavallerie-Division "Florian Geyer" several times and he was a good friend of SS-Gruppenführer Hermann Fegelein.
                  He got the anti-partisanbadge in silver in 1945.

Derek

Comment

Hi.

Regards
                    Derek
                    I found the thread with the visor. Unfortunately the pics are gone, or are they? Maybe they might pop up in the headgear section some day.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=muller+visor

Comment

I remember the Fegelein tunic lot that showed up at one German Auction house some years ago and the Lombard lot is just another example of another joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                        I remember the Fegelein tunic lot that showed up at one German Auction house some years ago and the Lombard lot is just another example of another joke.

Wasn't there a Feliz Steiner tunic for sale about 3-4 years ago as well from another Hamburg dealer?

Comment

Fantastic thread!! ..Thank you boys!
                          But are there other SS panzer wraps of famous SS in known collections and not listed in these pages yet?

Roberto

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbe View Post
                            Fantastic thread!! ..Thank you boys!
                            But are there other SS panzer wraps of famous SS in known collections and not listed in these pages yet?

Roberto

Correct. Beaver's book series shows a lot of attributed tunics to famous personalities currently in collections all over the world. The books are definitely worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan View Post
                              -Joachim Peiper (panzer wrapper and crusher in collection in Norway and his awards are in possession of Peiper's son in New York)

-Johannes Muhlenkamp ( uniform, awards and documents in collection in The Netherlands)

-Christian Tychsen ( early tunics and overcoat in collection in USA)

-Ernst Staudle ( tunic in collection in Germany)

Hardigan
                              I have read this post and I have seen this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=245795&page=3

So..are the real Paiper's panzer wrapper and crusher in Norway and the "copy" in Virgina War Museum?

Has anyone been able to see the wrap in the collection in Norway?

Thanks

Roberto

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan View Post
                                Hello Martin

I know that a schirmmutze of August Dieckmann is in a collection of a German collector who bought it when more of Dieckmann's stuff was sold ! There was also a picture of the schirmmutze and picture of Dieckmann where you can see that he's wearing the same one !

Best

Hardigan
                                Not any more I have provided a new home for it
                                Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X