X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH Cypher

Hi , I’m not sure on this one ,I will appreciate your help
    Attached Files

Hi, looks like a cast fake from the rear...and I dont like the top of the "H" from the front...looks like the hole has not been punched through as you would expect to see from originals.

Comment

Originally posted by gbr-trooper View Post
      Hi, looks like a cast fake from the rear...and I dont like the top of the "H" from the front...looks like the hole has not been punched through as you would expect to see from originals.
      Thank you for your help
      Do you have pictures of original to compare?
      I just found this one
      Attached Files

Comment

No sorry I do not have any pictures of originals to compare, if you goggle "LAH" cyphers and click on images there should be lots to see, many originals and repro ones...hope this helps...I have the new Michael Beaver book on artifacts on the SS and has a good reference to metal cyphers...in detail and colour pictures...is a good SS reference book

Comment

Lah

Your cypher is post 1945

Comment

Thank you all for your help

Comment

All fakes above.

Kai Winkler sold a huge load of these fakes year ago.

Cheers from San Francisco!

Markus

Comment

Prongs are in the wrong position too.

Tom

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gbr-trooper View Post
                    I have the new Michael Beaver book on artifacts on the SS and has a good reference to metal cyphers...in detail and colour pictures

I don't study these items and no-longer have that book but I was lead to believe at the time that some of the LAH officer cyphers in it were fake.

Look at the bottom left hand corner of the 'H' ... on originals there isn't a hole.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                      I don't study these items and no-longer have that book but I was lead to believe at the time that some of the LAH officer cyphers in it were fake.

Look at the bottom left hand corner of the 'H' ... on originals there isn't a hole.

Ian
                      Therefore Winkler's one pictured below should be genuine, shoudn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPennisi View Post

Again, I haven't studied these but that feature is what I'm lead to believe to be original.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPennisi View Post
                          It's a fake of course. What else do you expect coming from a con-man like Winkler?

The cypher is a cast fake and sewn to the board a) to make you believe it's a period attachment based on broken pins, but more importantly not to enable the collector to look underneath/reverse and spot it as an instant fake.

Very few original pair cyphers around to either 'restore' or pimp-up a tunic. Hence difficult to build a 'LAH'-officer or NCO tunic with real and matching (!) cyphers. Much easier and more cost-efficient to use fake cyphers available in all possible conditions (made-to-order).

Cheers from San Franciso!

Markus

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Ian
                            Correct, and no drilled holes for cutouts.

Tom

Comment

Here you can find 100% original LAH NCO Cypher: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=826390

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X