Ss marked ammo pouch-the real thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss marked ammo pouch-the real thing?

saw this the other day,,,is this SS marking correct & authentic?....thanks i advance for all replies...Robert
    Attached Files

Comment

thank you sir

Comment

I think "BGS" is indicative of a West German border guard pouch. So we have a post war pouch with a phony SS stamp.

Alen Davidson

Comment

Originally posted by rbno View Post
          I think "BGS" is indicative of a West German border guard pouch. So we have a post war pouch with a phony SS stamp.

Alen Davidson
          Totally agree. From the photo I think the pouch is for the G3-assault-rifle as mentioned in this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=339272

Comment

Originally posted by rbno View Post
            i think "bgs" is indicative of a west german border guard pouch. So we have a post war pouch with a phony ss stamp.

Alen davidson
            + 1. Bundesgrenzschutz stamped pouch
            Last edited by olpan; 07-28-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

= Bundes-Grenz-Schutz (West German border protection troops)

Comment

Just an interesting note, at 12 years old a neighbor who was a US Army veteran gave me a pair of K98 ammo pouches that we're marked internally with rubber stamped SS runes. He absolutely brought them back with him, and were real, but I've never seen another pair like them since then (I sold them off in my 20's).

Comment

I have a vet acquired SS marked ammo pouch in brown leather. If someone out there can post pictures, I will send them. It has a great back story, the pouch that is.
                  The pouch was part of the SS helmet rig (cover, sniper veil and whistle) that I sold to Grand Bias a number of years ago. Somehow the ammo pouch was separated in my display of the rig and just recently rediscovered. The pouch has three inked initials belonging to the original owner. I did not notice that until it was found again. The SS helmet also had three initials in white paint on the inside, but one of them was worn to the point of making it nearly illegible. This pouch with its inked initials takes the doubt out of that one letter.
                  My best guess is that the SS soldier was kia'd outside Carentan, undoubtedly belonging to the 17th SS. With the three initials, someone could probably figure out who he was.

Comment

If for pre-war units (Allgemeine SS or SS-VT) wouldn't the pouches be marked in a manner similar to the bayonet frogs? With a marking beginning with VA?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by JoeW; 07-31-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X