Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar

Back of collar.

For information, I have owned this jacket for over five years, and hadn’t really questioned it until the recent discussion concerning the lining material. In hand, it is VERY believable and has the feel of a period piece. But, I lack SS experience.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
      I'm afraid they are getting really close, and not only SS but also with Heer tunics. I had the opportunity to view a recent copy from out of Eastern Europe and in photos it would have fooled most of us. Still they just do not get it entirely right though. And especially with HBT fabric of which is plenty of original still around an extra careful eye is most wanted.
      Which copies do You mean ? Most of companies making reproductions and dont care on details, they just making mass produced tunics, and every tunic is same. Cotton lining instead of HBT or rayon, buttonholes details, sometimes without markings inside. Mass reproductions are easy to spot from originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusader17 View Post
        Back of collar.

For information, I have owned this jacket for over five years, and hadn’t really questioned it until the recent discussion concerning the lining material. In hand, it is VERY believable and has the feel of a period piece. But, I lack SS experience.
        Thank you, I'm happy to see those extra details which do NOT confirm my earlier suspicion. This has all the looks of indeed to be a fine original, no worries. I still prefer to see other characteristics as well that would ME like to own this tunic but that is merely also matter of personal taste.

Enjoy it and thank you for your openness in discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by stankiew View Post
          Which copies do You mean ? Most of companies making reproductions and dont care on details, they just making mass produced tunics, and every tunic is same. Cotton lining instead of HBT or rayon, buttonholes details, sometimes without markings inside. Mass reproductions are easy to spot from originals.
          I think he might refer to a polish gentleman making and selling high-end reproductions, he calls his business Elsenau Militaria, here is his Instagram, he is also on Facebook under the same name. The stuff the guy makes is outright dangerous, still, gotta admire his skill and efforts.

With the new pictures posted I can't really see anything suspicious about the tunic, I think it's fine.

Comment

For what it's worth, I like what I see in these additional photos.

Comment

original tunic, but propably rebadged for my view. Boards are for sure rebadged.

Comment

Originally posted by stankiew View Post
                Which copies do You mean ? …. Mass reproductions are easy to spot from originals.
                Of course I do not mean mass reproductions, since you ask it's obvious you have not seen yet what I refer to, I believe these to be from Czech origin but that is to me of minor interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
                  I think he might refer to a polish gentleman making and selling high-end reproductions,
                  What he is making is fakes, simple as that.

I already seen his products being offered as orginals on estand.

Although i think he marks tunics in some way so it makes it easier to see its his products.

Anyway, back to Bobs tunic

This thread is a perfect example why most longtime collectors never show their items anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
                    ...This thread is a perfect example why most longtime collectors never show their items anymore.
                    I disagree Daniel. I think in the contrary this is a perfect example how it should be. Bob raises a valid concern about his own tunic; receives feedback and a positive final verdict. On top of that there have been no personal attacks, which is rarely seen in discussions.

I do agree that the responses in many threads often lead to less encouragement showing ones collectibles.

If one stops dare to ask or challenge only because there are three previous pages of thumbs up or thumbs down on a certain item, then we really have to ask ourselves what the mere purpose of a Forum is...
                    Last edited by Zauberflöte; 01-01-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Tunic is good, it has the usual sign of chaining process and the owner could confirm it with a photo of the lining on the edge of sleeves near the hand.
                      I bet about a darker one as the piece on armpit.
                      Nice to see the wool closing the armpit.
                      Very rare to find.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X