No announcement yet.

Polizei Division officers tunic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more interesting Polizei Div images!
    Note back seam of tunic and early SS eagle.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 06-17-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

The burlap reenforcing behind the chest pockets (under the silk partial lining in the chest area) is the same material and construction
      as found on WW1 German uniforms...an old fashioned stiffening material...usually also used for stand up stiff collar construction.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 06-17-2018, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Further proof that it is an old (Polizei?) uniform using old assembly techniques as seen in these Prussian cut offs...
        Exact same burlap as used on these cut off German imperial Waffenrock cuffs, (1890 - 1916),
        exposing the exact same burlap. I have no doubt that 1930's Parade Waffenrocks also have this material in their construction
        where stiffness is required, like Gross Deutchland (GD) Waffenrock cuffs.
        It is used on my tunic behind the chest pockets to give the chest area a stiffer (non wrinkly) appearance,
        which is what you would expect on an officers tunic, especially on a regular Police uniform...(which this is not...made in Field-Gray)
        Done for smartness and best fit which is why my uniform has so many additional seams in certain areas, highly tailored, but still made for field use!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 06-17-2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

This area...comparison and reason...
          A regular combat uniform (Polizei) G'ment issue...with wrinkles...just a non rigid silk liner
          behind the wool...
          My uniform with burlap reinforcing...NO WRINKLES..as it is stiffer with the added burlap!
          Done for a smarter appearance which (ex)Police officers would expect!

On both sides of the chest, all the way up to the shoulders...Certainly not a standard run of the mill uniform...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 06-18-2018, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Nick, I'm not sure what the tunic is but I don't believe it is police. The Luftwaffe-like square cut pocket flaps, odd chest pleats, lack of turn-back cuffs on an officers model, color, and general dimensions make me think this is something else.

It's an original something, but strikes me more as red cross with those pleats or civic with those pocket flaps.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is not police.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              SS sleeve eagle not mounted...
              uhmmm, ...ok.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                Nick, I'm not sure what the tunic is but I don't believe it is police. The Luftwaffe-like square cut pocket flaps, odd chest pleats, lack of turn-back cuffs on an officers model, color, and general dimensions make me think this is something else.

It's an original something, but strikes me more as red cross with those pleats or civic with those pocket flaps.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is not police.

s/f Robert
                I totally agree that it's not police which is why I didn't start the thread in the police section. I did link it in the police/civilian section for input here. It also strikes me as more civilian service than armed forces. Certainly not Heer /army. It is not red cross since its not gray in color but the pockets are correct for that branch. Agreed. Maybe TeNo something? But if the boards are original to the tunic I am still leaning towards combat police and the only police forces that wore armed forces field gray were the Polizei Division and that unit wore unique uniform combinations between 1939 and early '42 as illustrated.
                Odd shaped pocket flaps (here LW-DRK style) could be tailor/client preference too if it is a private purchase garment...which officers uniforms tend to be. Who knows?
                Thanks
                PS: I do believe the tunic at one time had officers style (turn-back) French cuffs, but simplified later...worn out...Sleeve length appears to be on the short side too...
                An intriguing period piece for sure!

PPS: Other civilian branches did wear armed forces field gray while assigned to front line deployments, field service duties, like TeNo, repairing installations, airfields etc...
                (later on the war switching from civilian black to Polizei Grün uniforms btw)
                Note permanent open collar and non conventional tailoring on this uniform...which lacks a liner... (just like DRK uniforms lacking liners), interesting anomalies for sure!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 06-18-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X