Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?
    Why not now??
    Cast pieces that replicate original known patterns do just that.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mike is right. IF you have info that proves something why wait?

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
        …...Ps: about the pp rings there are many infos coming, but first it would be better wait for this thread arives to its end. And it is not so far...
        OMG …..really ??????

Please do not flood also this thread with tons of "evidence" by playing with microscop……...we can't take it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
          who is this guy on youtube?
          Robert,

Jo Rivett, expelled WAF member, is author of the book "The Party Badge" and is the producer of the 3 part ring video which has been the reason for all of these discussions. He also has a number of other You Tube videos that examine medals & tinnies under the microscope (many of which can be seen as fakes with the plain eye or a loupe). He is also a coin collector so his knowledge of production process and examination techniques probably comes from this background.

His video photography and editing skills result in high quality productions but his language and humor are off putting to some. He has become a polarizing figure in the collecting field, due to his postings and assumptions.

He has challenged people to send him any medal, badge, pin or tinnie produced in the Third Reich era and stated he would be able to determine originality of the item through microscopic examination (looking for "micropatina", scratches and evidence of casting). He stated he did not need to have any basis for comparison or knowledge of hardware (pins/catch) to make this determination.

His use of microscopes is not new...coin collectors have been using microscopes for many years and it certainly has a place as a tool for medal collectors...its just not the "be all end all tool"

His conclusions are false in the sense that all items that are cast are not fake and all items that are die struck are not real. Additionally, his term micropatina really has no real meaning....patina is patina.

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Thank you, Gary,

Now all is clear

Ric

Comment

Just to clarify:
              I knew nothing about Jo's conclusion on the PP rings. I only knew the swastika one was a cast fake since I handled it.
              I only made the TK ring video with him (he made it but we made the research togheter).

Actually I'm still waiting how to recognize a pp cast ring from a die struck one, and to read some evidences from period publications. But seems no one wants to answer, same in the other thread. Strange how a simple question is always forgotten and new useless replies are made...

I'm reading some period publications, and of all the jewellers' articles in G.Z. magazine no one talks about the die struck production.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
              - THE SS TK RING
              - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
              - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
              - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X