X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
    Simple Jeff.
    Because they weren't interested anymore in my helmet after 3 months.
    DougF just waisted my time.
    All I will say is that 6 weeks into our layaway plan which began Dec. 2, 2017, my wife and I found out she needed a series of surgeries to correct the lense in one eye that continually dropped out of place. We found this out after, not before, I agreed to buy the helmet. We have limited health insurance so at that point, I emailed Chris about not being able to buy the helmet. I also offered to let him keep $100-$200 from the payments I had made. He agreed to return my $1,000 in full. I will not make public the nasty and conflicting emails I received after I began to ask him when he would be able to send back the money, about 3 weeks after he agreed to return it. I have all of this in email written format with dates. I contacted him again after 4 more weeks and again received some interesting emails saying I was just going to have wait, but that he had sold the helmet I tried to buy a few weeks ago. On April 6, I did receive 400 Euros in PP from Chris. The rest "I would just have to wait for"

Well, yes I am a POS for backing out of the helmet purchase in order to take care of my wife's eyesight. If I was the seller, I would be peeved as well, but in life, stuff happens.

The reason I asked about Chris here was that I did not have any contact information about this seller other than the email Kelly provided for Paypal purposes. Chris felt he needed to 'splain all about his version of the story here. The rest of the story is between Chris and I.

Comment

Originally posted by fsee View Post

*long explanation with details*
      Why did you not save up enough money so you could buy it upfront?
      You should have said "I will buy it when I have the funds, but understand if you want to sell it to someone with money that actually will buy it."

Now you held up an item for sale so that people with money could not buy it. You have even been refunded which is more than you should have had.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
        Yea sure, people were lining up to buy it and now magically no one is interested anymore. A sorry situation all the way around.
        Don't twist my words Jeff!
        What do you know of the situation at that moment anyway?
        I never said there were others in line...!
        I said there were couple potential buyers who I had to turn down because the helmet was reserved and payed for in pieces by DougF.
        After 3 months these potential buyers were gone.
        What do you not understand of it?

Comment

So that your words don't get twisted, what does this mean? "Some of them even wanted to pay more then what Douglas and I agreed." in reference to the others interested in the helmet.

I see that there is not a lot of compassion for your fellow collectors on here. We all know in a perfect world the buyer should have had the cash on hand and not bothered with any installments. Sometimes things come up in life. I have extended payments to people and had them back out. So what, refund the money and sell the item to someone else. The world does not always run perfectly smooth.
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

If this wasn't a stand transaction why are we wasting time talking about it?

Chet
            Zinc stinks!

Comment

I feel bad for Krikke,and IMO he did more than he was obligated to do. A "deal is a deal" comes to mind as well as "if you can't afford it don't buy it". Sure a payment plan is ok, but if one can't meet their obligation (for any reason.....try it with your mortgage or car loan) there is no right to have their money refunded. A seller sometimes sells because they need the money for something else, so when the deal falls through they are also in a jam, if they had spent the money from the earlier payments.

Why is the seller's need for money less important than the buyer's?
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                I feel bad for Krikke,and IMO he did more than he was obligated to do. A "deal is a deal" comes to mind as well as "if you can't afford it don't buy it". Sure a payment plan is ok, but if one can't meet their obligation (for any reason.....try it with your mortgage or car loan) there is no right to have their money refunded. A seller sometimes sells because they need the money for something else, so when the deal falls through they are also in a jam, if they had spent the money from the earlier payments.

Why is the seller's need for money less important than the buyer's?
                Willi you have summed up my earlier thoughts more succinctly.

Comment

I find these comments embarrassing. How about helping a guy out. No that is too much, it is all about adding another item to ones collection.

Comment

I know Krikke and for SURE is a good guy and reputable member . He faulted only a thing: do not declare 20% of deposit would be not returned in case of incomplete payments.
                    I know very well what he bought in the period and it is true cause was a tunic of a friend of mine.

All of us know the most of the time we sell is to buy another item so the potential damage is real.

Krisse for sure will refund the guy who opened the thread but at the same time I am not happy for this. Who deletes deal and payments cause is not able to respect a long payment gently accorded is guilty.dot

Comment

Thank you all guys.

Yesterday I refunded the guy another 300$.
                      He didn't even thanked.
                      I just hope he stops wanking about.
                      Case closed. Basta.

Comment

I think you did the right thing and will thank you Krikke. With that there is no reason for this thread to continue.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X