Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 11C View Post
    Glad you could read.......IMO

This bad bird showed up on Gottlieb's auction a month ago and somebody got cleaned IMO.......
    Im also glad I could read read tha IMO - can you IYO?
    Whats your level of knowledge if I might ask? You claim its a "bad bird"... Can you back that up "with your knowledge"? Im sure youre pretty smart...

Comment

Glad you could read.......IMO

This bad bird showed up on Gottlieb's auction a month ago and somebody got cleaned IMO.......
      Are you correct or do you wish to elaborate? I can see that you "are online viewing this thread" but not any further info? No posts or updates? Im here and it would be nice to discuss this matter with you. If you like?

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
        Are you correct or do you wish to elaborate? I can see that you "are online viewing this thread" but not any further info? No posts or updates? Im here and it would be nice to discuss this matter with you. If you like?
        What's your argument? I stated my opinion.
        Am I correct.......? What does that mean?
        Do I wish to discuss "what" with you? I am not going argue my opinion any further.

Here's the link to Gottlieb's auction.
        http://www.cgmauctions.com/detail.as...n-Sleeve-Eagle

Comment

I bought one just like it from the Collectors Guild some years back, no unterlagen.

Comment

Hello,

As stated in my original post the eagle was on the History Hunter's auction that recently ended, 3/31/2018. The responses had slowed down and based on the initial contrasting comments I lost interest in the item. If I had won the auction and had to resell the eagle it appeared to me that one out of every two people would have passed on the eagle. Not good odds and not what I wanted to deal with. I just happened to think about my post and decided to look. Thank you for the information that everyone provided on the eagle. I do appreciate the help. I wish the thread would have stayed more positive. I understand that forum members are going to disagree but I feel the negativity towards one another is something that has to improve. We are all just trying to help each other. Pound the item not each other. Again, thank you for the help and hope my side comment isn't offensive.

Comment

This eagle matches known originals and Im pretty sure there is an unterlagen if you check it hands on. Its tightly embriodered and high quality. The fact that you cant see the unterlagen does not make it fake.
              This particular eagle originates from a high end find some years ago. Its the top SS bullion sleeve eagle in the photo. The pale yellow "dot" on the left wing, which probably was a small piece of paper, has been removed. Apart from that small clean up detail its the same eagle. Note the left side upper moth nip... and all other detals...

Cheers
              //Felix

P.s For you who wish to tell me; Fakes are mixed in with real finds - dont think I have not considered that. This eagle matches known originals, and original bullion eagle traits.
              Attached Files

Comment

the stitching is tightly pulled to the edges as a machine would have stitched it.

How does a machine stitch bullion thread?
                The whole reason these were done by hand is because a machine CAN'T stitch using bullion thread...

Below is an RZM sample eagle from 1941, which is very similar in construction to the one posted here. Tight bullion stitching, no unterlagen visible (as would be expected on a mint one).
                This one is a fake as well I guess?

Bottom line is that these need to be inspected in-hand to at least confirm there is an unterlagen to begin with.

Attached Files

Comment

Machines have stitched metallic bullion thread for 30 years.......Google it. You can even do it with a home machine with the right size needle. The Pakistanis have faked bullion eagles for years.

http://bullionbadges.sell.everychina...g-patches.html
                  https://sewguide.com/metallic-embroidery/
                  https://seekatesew.com/sewing-101-sew-metallic-thread/
                  Last edited by 11C; 04-09-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Ss

Oh! Damn it, wish I had seen this thread before, I just bought this eagle at the auction! Well thanks peeps I guess you kept the price subdued at least, oh and by the way it has a card underlay

Cheers, M

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Stiles View Post
                      Oh! Damn it, wish I had seen this thread before, I just bought this eagle at the auction! Well thanks peeps I guess you kept the price subdued at least, oh and by the way it has a card underlay

Cheers, M

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X