X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the truth on TK rings?

We all saw the unquestionable fake ring posted here:
    http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=943638

And we all read that it was possibly a "ground dug" ring.

To be honest what I found today let me very disappointed and very sad.
    But I think now it's time for the truth to come out.

What follow is a comparison from the ring (fake) discussed few days ago, and another one SS HONORRING named "BRUNS" and dated 24. 6 .39 for sale by the same dealer who sold the first. Or they were ground dug in the same way, and corrosion worked on them in a perfectly matching way, and casting flaws are exactly the same, and they were both worn as twins, or there's something wrong behind.

I don't want to say anything about, I have my opinion, and I would like to hear what you guys think about.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Antonio Scapini; 01-12-2018, 02:04 PM.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
    - THE SS TK RING
    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

More comparisons.
    Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Last.

These rings both have the COA, both are made from the same die, both are cast.
      Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

That is hard to dispute those pics

Comment

Sad Sad Sad

Just another sad day in the hobby. Good work Antonio.

Never rely on a COA, gotta do your own homework and trust me if you don't and certain Dealers realize this they will still shoving fakes right up your a$$.

Comment

Excellent detective work.

Comment

Ring

I've seen that Bruns ring before, but never looked at it closely.
              That inside "shelf" didn't appear to be present, but that particular anomaly can be present or not, depending on how each ring is wax-injected. But all the other matching anomalies show that those "dings" were likely in the model they used to make the rubber-mold that duplicates the waxes. The rubber mold merely duplicated those discrepancies.
              Apparently, the faker who made it doesn't know how to clean up his waxes before casting them into silver.

Comment

Wow Antonio, thank you so much for taking the time to put that together, people like you are what is good in collecting TR items. Thank God you provide the service of COA's.

Comment

Ring

Another TK-Ring with the exact same discrepancies just showed up in another thread on WAF......

Comment

This is my last post . First Mr. Scapini has sent me a negative e-mail moths back saying he no longer wants to talk with me . That is his right . Funny thing the marks he is showing on these rings is due to normal wear and other issues of wearing a ring . Funny he had at least 12 to 15 rings certified by me . Let him show all his rings and I can find the same things he is questioning in other rings . I will put red marks all over them but that will not make them bad but will show you can question any ring from just a picture as for the eye sockets take a look at all the rings certified and you will see variations but again what do I know I have only looked at approx. 400 to 500 original Honor Rings . As a matter for fact I termed the words such as ( Honor Ring ) the real term for the ring Is ( Der Totenkopf Ring of der SS ). The term seam and die flaws were my words . The words stippling and Burnishing were also mine also the seam and 1930s and 1940s style along with transitional ring were all my findings which everyone now uses. Mr. Scapini show all your rings I certified for you on this form and lets see what is said about the markings and eyes. That being said I have nothing to gain by saying a bad ring is good or a good ring bad . I have been doing this since 1972 when I was in an Army Hospital recovering . My reputation is known all over the world and I am respected by most people in this hobby my reputation is everything and people who know me respect me. That being said no one needs my certification on anything and that is a fact so since Mr. Scapini is now the all knowing expert on rings I think people should send all there rings to him for authentication . Lets see if he post all of his rings especially his worn rings . People who know me will still trust me everyone else is free to go to who they want . As for wax molds , rubber molds etc I never believed the wax mold theory and never will . By the way Hobbie nice to see you on the forum. This is my last post on this forum as I swore in the past I would never get on but things have not changed on forums always negative views and putting people down so be it . I just turned 66 years old yesterday and don't need to deal with Mr. Scapini and other peoples negativity . People who know me and need me know were to contact my by phone and e-mail and I will always help you as for others believe what you may. It was nice being on the forum this past year but I need to say good by happy collecting and God Bless . Don

Comment

Ring

Regardless of all that ......how do 2 different rings end up with the exact same dings and flaws in the exact same places, and how does a casting line from the skull extend onto the ring itself, it the skull is a separate piece?

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
                        Last.

These rings both have the COA, both are made from the same die, both are cast.
                        Have to agree, all are cast without doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                          Regardless of all that ......how do 2 different rings end up with the exact same dings and flaws in the exact same places, and how does a casting line from the skull extend onto the ring itself, it the skull is a separate piece?
                          They don't, naturally. Anyone with any amount of knowledge should know this. Caught red handed, is what I am thinking.

Chris

Comment

Ring

So who bought the ring that started the thread?
                            Anyone know?

Comment

Well, the pictures don't lie. Same flaws in the same places, made from the same fakers hand. I don't know how all that fits in with this COA business but in my opinion buyers should know what they are looking at and relying on someone else opinion(COA) is a recipe for disaster.
                              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X