SS Sleave Eagle For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post war to me as well.

A cloud of suspicion has been cast over all stories of Belgian and French made items. Perhaps some are wrongly accused of being fake, but the threading on the back of this piece matches post ‘45 styles, maybe ‘80’s or something

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bologna View Post
      Post war to me as well.

A cloud of suspicion has been cast over all stories of Belgian and French made items. Perhaps some are wrongly accused of being fake, but the threading on the back of this piece matches post ‘45 styles, maybe ‘80’s or something
      Hi Tony,

Thanks for that, you are a gent. Very helpful & precise on what is wrong with this. Cloth is not my area, as you know, & medals are an issue with me somewhat too.

Much better on Daggers & Swords. I much prefer edged weapons anyway.

I was only going on the information I was given by a collector of SS cloth insignia, that is why I posted it here.

Many cheers mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        David mate I parlez enough Francais to know it's une sac de merde
        Honhonhon

Comment

To me its also not good, as Tony said about the back.

And these days its indeed: "is it ugly or off, then its Belgian made". Not everything that looks ****ty is made in my country during the war.

Comment

Here it is between its friends - all currently available reproductions bought cheap as reference material . Cloth doesn't feel right to the touch either ..
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
              Here it is between its friends - all currently available reproductions bought cheap as reference material . Cloth doesn't feel right to the touch either ..
              Thanks for that. That photo is going in my cloth fake archive.

Comment

Indeed, very helpful.

Thank you Winkelman

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                  Yes I have noticed that too . . .
                  Its beginning to be the normal war cry
                  and TBH I too an getting a bit fed up with it
                  No disrespect to you as your a good judge and have a descent reputation of this stuff
                  but a few the new comers are normally the ones who yell "Dutch / Belgian"
                  Regards David
                  Sadly I can only state the opposite,

I was offered some Belgium/ Flemish made items in the years before I got on to WAF. I thought it was a load of post-war rubbish and did buy it.

The picker had sent me some pictures of the fronts and backs of each item which I still have. Now that I have been on WAF for several years and had the chance to see what is accepted Belgium/ Flemish cloth/ metal badges look like. I realise that I turned down unissued/ "shop find" Belgium/ Flemish SS sleeve eagles, Belgium/ Flemish SS skulls, Belgium/ Flemish WH & LW eagles

My advise, do your homework here on WAF and beyond. There are some excellent threads about Belgium/ Flemish items. All collectors are justified in being extremely cautious given the level of reproductions floating around today. Throw out the dirt but be careful not to throw the diamonds with it.

Same advise for Italian, Dutch and all 3rd Reich foreign made items/ insignia,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X