No announcement yet.

M44 Waffen SS dot pattern camouflage jacket opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see HBT on the inside as well as out / red flag.

Comment

Dear schneifelquelle,
      Can you give qualitative photos of these openings on both sides?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Regen, the inside HBT says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
          AND the Dachau eagle too

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
            Hi.
            yes I agree. we need to be more attentive
            +Ian has correctly told about a sleeve eagle.

Comment

I agree on this one and need to change my view, PC screen is better then on the cell.

Comment

You can purchase this jacket here:

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=4890

Comment

Jeez, I was just thinking wtf reading the first posts. I thought some new version has been discovered, like a pink dot. J

Comment

Another hbt on the inside

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S024975.html

Comment

A member recently asked me PM about this jacket, I said I think its fine. Couple of points..I have dot going back to the 70's/60's..there is not a single SS dot jacket/pants/wrapper/panzerpants in dot that I have that does not have a look of the hbt weave..however slight, to some degree on the reverse. So, Im not seeing this as a fed flag...as to the eagle..didnt pay much attention to it. Now..one thing to look for and your going to have to do t his in hand..is if the entire piece is constructed out of the same color/weight of thread, production pieces were piecemeal, so highly unlikely each person in the chain was using the same thread.could have happened..unlikely. I have seen M43's with and without gimp cording corded button holes..some used simply the foot attachment..some used the reece machine..SOME pieces show a mixture of both...in all..I would NOT dismiss t his tunic for the hbt weave on the reverse..look closely at dot..and you will see it..some more pronounced..some less..same t hing with Heer hbt..hold it at an angle..it wont look EXACTLY like the front..but you still can see the basic hbt weave.

Construction is right...from the pictures and what I see..I see no roller misses..some had none..some a LOT..some have hits and misses..no biggie...and the pocket flaps angles...sloppy..etc..looks fine..so..Im not seeing the red flags..holding in hand could tell a different story as to OTHER details.
                      Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 09-03-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leper View Post
                        Pictures are not Great..but this jacket also looks fine. If your going to denounce all SS hbt for having some weave on the reverse..good luck...you know the thickness of the thread used to produce the weave..some being more shoddy than others...some being less or more coarse..will contribute to what you see on the reverse side...OR the front for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                          Pictures are not Great..but this jacket also looks fine. If your going to denounce all SS hbt for having some weave on the reverse..good luck...you know the thickness of the thread used to produce the weave..some being more shoddy than others...some being less or more coarse..will contribute to what you see on the reverse side...OR the front for that matter?
                          I think you have mis understood my post. I agree with you and was using it as an example.

Comment

Not sure, looked good from outside.
                            cheers
                            NCO
                            Last edited by NCO; 09-03-2017, 05:05 PM. Reason: text

Comment

I am not sure what the problem is with this jacket
                              Looks ok too me
                              O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                                I am not sure what the problem is with this jacket
                                Looks ok too me
                                O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Look on your computer when you are home, two sided HBT. Hard to see on a cell phone.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X