M44 Waffen SS dot pattern camouflage jacket opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
    You should be happy us dumb dumbs are skeptical of these unissued, unwashed, double sided HBT tunics. You can buy them up and add them to your outstanding collection.

Not one real HBT tunic I have ever had in hand had the same HBT pattern inside and out.
    This Pz jacket cloth is simply printed on the wrong side and not "double sided" .
    Why should i be happy that you are skeptical on these jackets ?
    This forum is for discussions on items which are "discussable" and you can give your opinion of course , but please if you have a very different opinion on some items , explain that and try to add proofs ?
    Unissued WSS 44 camo items were "en masse" in german stocks left overs in 45 and still easy to get like this until the 90's ...especially in the CZ or in France !
    I still have a mint set in my "outstanding collection" , found before the 90's and i'm still happy with it !
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
      This Pz jacket cloth is simply printed on the wrong side and not "double sided" .
      Why should i be happy that you are skeptical on these jackets ?
      This forum is for discussions on items which are "discussable" and you can give your opinion of course , but please if you have a very different opinion on some items , explain that and try to add proofs ?
      Unissued WSS 44 camo items were "en masse" in german stocks left overs in 45 and still easy to get like this until the 90's ...especially in the CZ or in France !
      I still have a mint set in my "outstanding collection" , found before the 90's and i'm still happy with it !
      Nick

The tunic in question is not "printed on the wrong side" because both inside and out are the same, neither side has the nap or is less pronounced.

I have never seen a real HBT tunic without one side of the cloth displaying a rougher nap and less pronounced HBT pattern.

This is my opinion and if you look at any real HBT tunic you own I believe you will see the same thing.

I also am not a fan of the adler.

Comment

Is it just me or this whole thread is confusing ?

Comment

The thread starter DOES have a less pronounced side.

The bluse is fine. 100% fine. Can't comment on the eagle, but the bluse itself is good. At a VERY MINIMUM, even if the construction was found to be fake, the fabric is NOT bad. There are no fakes of fabric that even come close to originals in terms of base fabric and printing. Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
            Is it just me or this whole thread is confusing ?
            Yes, need to read through the mud especially by some peoples here.

Comment

Anyone notice that funny little green..ish.. cuff closure Button? Im sure its glass and it's something you will occasionally see on SS pieceseen it on two SS dot jackets and also wool jackets..it's a toxic green ...even given all the real unused buttons one can find, that is a tough one to source..meaning I like seeing it on this jacket..its real and original. Don't know how this thread went sideways..but the individuals whose opinion I respect are confident..as am I ..that's it's a good piece.

Comment

The tunic that started this topic is original.

I have owned two of these tunics from the same maker. From experience I can say that the lining material differs a bit and that there are two different camouflaged materials used in the construction of the jacket. There is "small print" and "large print" in Linnen and Cotton. Here is a interesting example with simplified button holes. https://fjm44.com/articles/tunic-waf...-00793-0101-2/

Comment

many thanks for all your comments unfortunately someone hase been faster then me

Comment

nice example

Comment

unfortunately not mine

Comment

Originally posted by Leper View Post
                        I take it that the consensus on this tunic is that its original ?

Comment

tunic

Yes, that sucker is real. Not a repro.

Comment

you're 100% right but too late

Comment

Originally posted by n160 View Post
                              Yes, that sucker is real. Not a repro.
                              I concur!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X