No announcement yet.

The SS camouflage pullover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thread was pinned to the top by Gary. It is listed under threads of importance.
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Here’s an unpublished shot of an m 38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another from the same pic hoard of a TK guy
        Looks like trouble fir the Russian

Comment

Re

Isnt the autumn side supposed to be the reverse side of the jacket?

Comment

I suspect you are asking about the jackets bottom helm

Here’s a similar model 38 with the same seam i

Comment

Here’s a Palm with the same helm
              This changed with the m 40

This is the light strike Palm used in the Cammo book

Comment

Rare pullover

Comment

Re

Yes all the straps used for covering the mid waist elastic, another one used for finishing of the bottom of the smock, another for the collar reinforcing, and another for elastic at the wrists. Arent these pieces of fabric supposed to be on the reverse side meaning strictly in autumn colors which are reddish ? My understanding is that the green (spring side) is the averse side of the smock.

Originally posted by kammo man View Post

Here’s a Palm with the same helm
                  This changed with the m 40

This is the light strike Palm used in the Cammo book

Comment

Some early period pictures, low waist elastic, in the first one you can even see the stitching ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not very much to so of the Tarnjacke in total, but still a nice picture.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mo-do View Post
                          Yes all the straps used for covering the mid waist elastic, another one used for finishing of the bottom of the smock, another for the collar reinforcing, and another for elastic at the wrists. Arent these pieces of fabric supposed to be on the reverse side meaning strictly in autumn colors which are reddish ? My understanding is that the green (spring side) is the averse side of the smock.
                          Not on early type 1 smocks. Almost always the elastic band is on the green side, especially on palm smocks. There are exceptions. M-42 smocks do have the bands on the brown side as a general rule, but there are a lot of them with the waist band on the green side. See post 226 or 239 for example. This must have been the preference of the manufacturer.

Comment

M 38 palm with elastic band on green side
                            Attached Files

Comment

M 42 plane tree 5/6 with elastic band on brown side. Misprint on band fabric.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Re

In type II's the lower fabric band should be on same side as the mid elastic band (the red autumn side).

In type I's these are on opposite sides to each other: the elastic is on the opposite side to the lower band.

In addition in type II's the collar band is on the opposite side to the elastic and the lower band . The collar is on the spring (green ) side.

On type I's the collar band and the mid waist elastic band are on same sides and opposite ?? to the lower fabric at the lower edge of the smock .
                                I wonder does this type I smock have vents under the arms, and how do they look like if present?
                                Last edited by mo-do; 01-21-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,596 at 02:07 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X