• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norge
    "Wonderbar....!"
    Regards
    norge
    This is NOT a negative comment but it's intersting that while the collar and the arm raute are piped, the collar tabs aren't.

I'd love a close up of the sun wheel tab for my picture collection.

Comment

GSSN tunic

Hi folks, thanks for all the nice comments, since I'm in the midle of moving country, i haven't got any of my books here so I can't tell you why it's piped on the arms and not on the collar tabs. This uniform was issued first in 1941, so there would be no need for piping on the collar. Why it's on the arm, I don't know, maybe some of my fellow Norwegian collectors can tell you. I'll try and take a picture of the collar tab once I've unpacked it.
      Morten

Comment

#

Originally posted by Morten B
        Hi folks, thanks for all the nice comments, since I'm in the midle of moving country, i haven't got any of my books here so I can't tell you why it's piped on the arms and not on the collar tabs. This uniform was issued first in 1941, so there would be no need for piping on the collar. Why it's on the arm, I don't know, maybe some of my fellow Norwegian collectors can tell you. I'll try and take a picture of the collar tab once I've unpacked it.
        Morten
        Last edited by Jaegermeister; 01-21-2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

GSSN tunic

Hi there, glad you still got it, hope you are taking good care of it

Morten.

Originally posted by Jaegermeister
          Hi Morten

Love your tunic. I still have the one I bought from you

Comment

Hi,

I will try to comments on some of the questions in the post. (All insignia for the black uniform was also made in norway, but the rzm prodused one is the most common). There is a cuff title made in Norway with the same text, the letters looks quite different to the rzm version (they looks to be of rather poor quality actually).

The collar tab on this tunic is the rzm one. The local made one has a different pattern and when compered you will see the difference. If you look at period pictures it does not seem that the tabs on EM/NCO was piped, not saying that piped tabs was not used (I can not tell for sure).

I beleive the insignia (ss romben) on the right arm is the norwegian made one as Morten confirmed as well.

Sorry for not having pictures to post.

Rgds
            Pål

Comment

GSSN tunic

Here's a close up of the sun wheel tab. Morten

Originally posted by Texasuberalles
              This is NOT a negative comment but it's intersting that while the collar and the arm raute are piped, the collar tabs aren't.

Attached Files

Comment

GSSN tunic

Here's the eagle as well. Not a great picture, sorry. Morten
                Attached Files

Comment

Why is not the collar patch piped on this tunic?
                  Thats because no Germanic SS formation in norway attained sufficient size to be regarded as a Standart (Regiment). From the book; Foreign Legions of the Third Reich vol.1 by David Littlejohn.

Originally posted by Texasuberalles

Comment

Btt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X