This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSSN tunic

Hi guys, did a search on the forum and couldn't find any pictures of a GSSN tunic, so I thouht I'd show you some pictures of mine. I used to own one of these some years ago, but was so bloody stupid that I sold it, the guy offered me an obscene amount of money for it, and it was an offer I couldn't refuse at the time! Luckily I managed to get hold of this one a little while ago, and this one is never leaving the vault. I don't think I'll ever get the chance to own a third one, they're as rare as hens teeth.
    Morten
    Attached Files

GSSN tunic

picture 2

Comment

GSSN tunic

Picture 3, you can see where the back of the cuff title has rubbed against the jacket

Comment

GSSN tunic

Picture 4

Comment

GSSN tunic

Picture

Comment

GSSN tunic

next picture
            Attached Files

Comment

GSSN tunic

last picture

Comment

Hi Morten,

Thanks for showing the jacket. It is very rare to find such. Is yours made of a lighter material (summer/officers grade??) compared to the wool tunic? Is the runic ss patch the norwegian made one?

Rgds
                PÃ¥l

Comment

GSSN Tunic

Hi Paal, the jacket is made out of the lighter material.
                  The other GSSN tunic i used to own, was also made out of the same material.
                  In my opinion the ss patch is the norwegian made, thicker than the german made. I also think the ss "romben" is norwegian made, but i am no expert when it comes to which producer made which.
                  I also think these lighter jackets was localy produced in Norway.
                  Both the jackets have had the same producers mark inside.

Morten.

Thanks for showing the jacket. It is very rare to find such. Is yours made of a lighter material (summer/officers grade??) compared to the wool tunic? Is the runic ss patch the norwegian made one?

Rgds
                  PÃ¥l[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hello Morten,

That is an incredible rare jacket. Congratulations. It seems to me that more of these jackets can be found in Norway, although they are exceedingly rare. There was a good thread about it on the other forum, but it disappeared unfortunately. It showed the black and grey versions of the Germanske SS Norge tunics, and if I recall it correctly, there was also something about the first cufftitles which were delivered incomplete from Germany and had to be finished by the Norwegians themselves. Similar tunics for the Dutch political SS are almost impossible to find.

Thank you for sharing this one.

With all the best,

Cees

P.S. Does it have loops for other awards?
                    P.P.S. Now you have to find the matching cap I guess!

Comment

GSSN tunic

Hi Cees, yes it has 2 loops. One is for the frontfighters badge and the other looks like its for the hird membership badge.
                      Yea the matching cap, that will be almost impossible. I dont think i will find one, but i can always hope!!!

I would love to see pictures of a grey jacket, i only know of one grey jacket that was sold some years ago.

Morten.

Originally posted by Cees Kleijn
                      Hello Morten,

That is an incredible rare jacket. Congratulations. It seems to me that more of these jackets can be found in Norway, although they are exceedingly rare. There was a good thread about it on the other forum, but it disappeared unfortunately. It showed the black and grey versions of the Germanske SS Norge tunics, and if I recall it correctly, there was also something about the first cufftitles which were delivered incomplete from Germany and had to be finished by the Norwegians themselves. Similar tunics for the Dutch political SS are almost impossible to find.

Thank you for sharing this one.

With all the best,

Cees

P.S. Does it have loops for other awards?
                      P.P.S. Now you have to find the matching cap I guess!

Comment

Hi Morten,

What a great and rare tunic, thanks for showing
                        I know Peter has a Norwegian Ski Cap for sale:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Other...os/C03352.html

I agree with Cees, when I see this jacket and do not forget our Flemish friends, I do not undertsand were are the Dutch jackets?

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

What a superb tunic. it wants to come home to norway...

Comment

GSSN tunic

Oh yes, it is coming back to Norway, as I'm moving home to Bergen next week!

Originally posted by jotuntroll
                            What a superb tunic. it wants to come home to norway...

Comment

"Wonderbar....!"
                              Regards
                              norge

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X