Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute right words Erik.

Comment

I am always amused by the joy some members of this forum have when looking at KZ piped straps or can only imagine the excitement of them finding a KZ piped visor, yet they are so horrified by a can or jewish star. I would think a remembrance of the victims would be more important than that of the murderers.
      Last edited by Jeff V; 01-16-2017, 10:24 AM. Reason: extra word
      Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
        I am always amused by the joy members some members of this forum have when looking at KZ piped straps or can only imagine the excitement of them finding a KZ piped visor, yet they are so horrified by a can or jewish star. I would think a remembrance of the victims would be more important than that of the murderers.
        Both Erik and Jeff's words echo my sentiments.

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          If the bloodied underwear of a German Flak girl, raped by the Red army in Berlin 1945, was found with a 100% solid victim pedigree, I am sure the vast majority of us would not want to make it a piece of our collection and build a display with say, a Russian helmet and a PPSH. And why not actually? Well, because it would not feel right for a whole lot of reasons. Almost all would universally understand this without needing any further explanation. Few would argue that it would actually be the same thing as setting up an MP40 display. Yes, on an abstract level both can be reduced to just historical artifacts but this explanation would not suffice for most of us. Why? Because we don’t collect abstract historical artifacts. On the contrary, we want to collect pieces with a story that talk to us (and yeah, because most German stuff also looks pretty good too!). From my perspective collect whatever you want but make sure you fully grasp the story behind the item and buy it for the right reasons. And what these right reasons are is up to you. So if it feels right, don’t hesitate and find yourself a Z-can and the story that goes with it.

Erik
          i would love to have anZY-CAN ,,,would display it next to my SS helmet .both historical artifacts ..with a meaning .. EC

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
            I am always amused by the joy some members of this forum have when looking at KZ piped straps or can only imagine the excitement of them finding a KZ piped visor, yet they are so horrified by a can or jewish star. I would think a remembrance of the victims would be more important than that of the murderers.

I was going to have a rant but Jeff said it with some eloquence

Comment

post like this......is what gives ww2 german collecting a bad name to outsiders looking in. some things are better left to ones self .. a very taboo subject to elaborate on. some are ok others are greatly offended.. we should keep that in mind when thinking of a bad part of history . i personally dont want to my historical artifacts to set off a fight. we have enough of that with modern politics

Comment

Collectors are keepers of history, no matter what the artifact.

Comment

for sure not all

Comment

Originally posted by SiPo View Post
                    Collectors are keepers of history, no matter what the artifact.
                    A lot of US servicemen men took back Japanese Skulls, sure they fall outsides the collecting perimeters?
                    Mark

Comment

[QUOTE=castle;7671804]post like this......is what gives ww2 german collecting a bad name to outsiders looking in.

You actually mean we once had a good name....?
                      Don't think so.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X