Zyklon B Can Wanted Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

i would suggest to check all the "old" farms/barns in the continental area, as Zyklon was used for decades for fumigation. Even in Auschwitz only a very small fraction (less than 5%) was used for the "Sonderbehandlung".

See You

Vince

Comment

At least most of the people on the receiving end of an mp40 or a Waffen ss tunic,had a fighting chance.Whoever faced Zyklon B was in for a agonizing death with no hope.I cant justify having one of them within 10 miles of my home.Bad taste.

Comment

Well I believe in the freedom to collect and respect history as long as you are not hurting anyone. After all is that not one of reasons we fought the second world war ? However, sadly this is how Hollywood and the public in general today see it when it comes to those who collect Zyklon B cans;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQ2x-CeA2E

Sadly not a good advertisment/ public relations for Zyklon B, militaria collectors or army surplus stores

Chris

Comment

There´s no reason to be judging anybody´s wants lists with in a "human" aspects, and be as a "Besserwisser" in issue of history. I believe we all are know of history as needed, and all are seeking items in collecting way, so let it be in that way.

Regards

J
          Last edited by Joachim N; 01-14-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I have had people tell me that my collection is disgusting and i collect hats and uniforms!

Comment

What language do you want the label to be? There are Zyklon B even with Swedish text!

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer-G-man View Post
                At least most of the people on the receiving end of an mp40 or a Waffen ss tunic,had a fighting chance.Whoever faced Zyklon B was in for a agonizing death with no hope.I cant justify having one of them within 10 miles of my home.Bad taste.
                Many innocent people lost their lives in these times not just those who where in camps, also many men and women lost their lives while not wanting to be in another country and on a war front, how many millions where pushed by there government to take place in combat and lost their lives, or forced to take the lives of others who also probably didn't want to be there. If we keep it in perspective everything we collect has an air of death about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                  I have had people tell me that my collection is disgusting and i collect hats and uniforms!
                  I remember hearing those exact words back when I only collected East German items.

Comment

This one is $1995:

http://www.od43.com/500gr_Zyklon_canister.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                      I cant think why you would want one . . . Just a suggestion
                      Make your own surely it will serve your purpose / It cant be hard ?
                      Regards David
                      LET"S not be too PC HERE ...50 MILLION PLUS DIED IN WW2 ...not all were by ZYLON -B ...best not collect anything ww2 ,etc ...if offended .. EC

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                        Well I believe in the freedom to collect and respect history as long as you are not hurting anyone. After all is that not one of reasons we fought the second world war ? However, sadly this is how Hollywood and the public in general today see it when it comes to those who collect Zyklon B cans;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQ2x-CeA2E

Sadly not a good advertisment/ public relations for Zyklon B, militaria collectors or army surplus stores

Chris
                        GOOD POST ... EC

Comment

I can't see anything wrong about collecting Zyklon-B canisters. The product was a common pesticide in wartime... really not a good looking item but there are tastes for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Viriathus View Post
                            I can't see anything wrong about collecting Zyklon-B canisters. The product was a common pesticide in wartime... really not a good looking item but there are tastes for everything.
                            EC

Comment

Originally posted by Viriathus View Post
                              It sold

Comment

If the bloodied underwear of a German Flak girl, raped by the Red army in Berlin 1945, was found with a 100% solid victim pedigree, I am sure the vast majority of us would not want to make it a piece of our collection and build a display with say, a Russian helmet and a PPSH. And why not actually? Well, because it would not feel right for a whole lot of reasons. Almost all would universally understand this without needing any further explanation. Few would argue that it would actually be the same thing as setting up an MP40 display. Yes, on an abstract level both can be reduced to just historical artifacts but this explanation would not suffice for most of us. Why? Because we don’t collect abstract historical artifacts. On the contrary, we want to collect pieces with a story that talk to us (and yeah, because most German stuff also looks pretty good too!). From my perspective collect whatever you want but make sure you fully grasp the story behind the item and buy it for the right reasons. And what these right reasons are is up to you. So if it feels right, don’t hesitate and find yourself a Z-can and the story that goes with it.

Erik

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X