Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zyklon B Can Wanted Where?

Hello folks,

I would like to get original gift gas can with label (zyklon b) I'm from Poland, where i can get one?

They come up for sale once in a while. I know of one for sale at the moment but it is priced way too high at 6k. If you want the dealers name send me a pm.
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

I cant think why you would want one . . . Just a suggestion
      Make your own surely it will serve your purpose / It cant be hard ?
      Regards David

Comment

Originally posted by Strugu View Post
        Hello folks,

I would like to get original gift gas can with label (zyklon b) I'm from Poland, where i can get one?
        Are you O.K?

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
          I cant think why you would want one . . . Just a suggestion
          Make your own surely it will serve your purpose / It cant be hard ?
          Regards David
          Agreed why anyone should aspire to own such an item is baffeling beyond belief!

Comment

The desirabilty question aside.... there have been numerous exchanges about this over the years..... has it finally been decided in the collecting world how to tell a "6K" (!!!!) KZ can of Zyklon B from a can of the same used by the navy to kill bedbugs or a company to fumigate old matresses?

It is one of those cases where I think it is safer to buy the piece... and not the story?

I assume 0.5% of these tins.... maybe even way less, ever saw a KZ?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Stiles View Post
              Agreed why anyone should aspire to own such an item is baffeling beyond belief!
              I can understand a holocaust themed museum wanting one but for a personal collection, why?! especially if they go for 6k, that's just insane!

Comment

Some "normal" people would claim its all the same evil nazi sh-t...
                I can understand that those who collect for instance other holocaust memorabilia would want one of these.
                Im a bit surprised by the reactions here... I collect history ugly or beautiful. Can you who are disgusted for instance collect land mines?

However its not my focus of interest. I can agree that 6 k is really crazy...

//Felix

Comment

I see no issue with the guy wanting to buy a Zyklon B Canister... 99.999% of us collect for history, and not for any kind of ideology... I collect anti semitic ephemera for history , and many people on here find it odd...

Original poster Pm me if you are looking for a canister... I have a friend who may be able to help you out... Definitely not 6k !!!!!

Comment

I don't understand your reaction guys, it's just a piece of history. We can say the same thing to collectors of SS-TV Why collect them? They were evil KZ crew. It was mostly used for disinfection of uniforms and gear of soldiers who returned from front. 6k is highly overpriced.

Comment

If you're truly interested in the holocaust from the German perspective, I would suggest that collecting personal items such as documents and photos from the personnel that served in the KZ system would be much more educational and worthwhile than just buying a tin can that contains a substance that might have killed a few hundred people.

Actually, I'd like to ask the OP whether he knows anything about these tins? Like how many kg of poison did they contain? How many people per tin would that kill? Where was Zyklon B manufactured? How did they discover it was the perfect tool to kill hundreds of people with the least distress, not only to them but also the guards who administrated it? Did they die a quick death or was it slow and agonising? etc etc

If you haven't researched all the above, taken it all in and looked hard at yourself in the mirror, I don't understand the reason why you would want one of these tins on your display shelf.

Comment

but then.. period Lugers, K98 or Bajos have also killed people?! (yes also civilians)
                        collecting dog tags also has a bad aftertaste imo

Comment

Once your collecting SS stuff I think it's all the same, in fact I would say the can is more benign then the uniforms of the men that that used it. My only issue is I find the can boring.

BTW I remember going to the Pamona gun show in 1985 and seeing reproduction cans of zyklon b for sale, buyer beware.

Comment

What's the difference between the can and a MP40 ? I'm surprised other collectors are disgusted by the thought of a fellow collector wanting this particular item. And 6k its not something I aspire to own, but its part of history non the less.

Comment

Try Kraigslist ??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X