Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull is nok, visor is promising Kleiderkasse

Comment

Thanks for the additional, high quality photos!
      There is a whole world of casting flaws in those pictures, from the blobs on the forehead, to the ridges on the chin and the incorrect shear marks, etc., that we can see clearly. These additional photos leave me absolutely no doubt, as I was expecting to see just what has now been revealed, (that is why I asked, just to be triple sure). BTW, you are doing a fantastic job with your photography and this is very important.

Glad to hear that the visor is OK. The eagle is also perfect.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris!
        Bob
        www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

The hat is identical to the one in Arthur Hayes' SS book. I also know of another that was acquired from a veteran's family.

Regards,
          Mike

Comment

Just looking at the front shots of that skull, it would have fooled me!

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
              Thanks Chris!
              Bob
              Hi BobI
              Now that "non-originality"of this skull has been "denied"and "demonstrated" three times
              I would like to help you by buying this "more than undoubted copy" for 150 $(good price for a copy)
              So you can have a base to acquire an original replacement and may have cap, eagle and skull originals three in one
              And so we also see the back of this "undoubted copy" for future references.

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
              Please let us know the features that identify that eagle as being an Assmann.
              Chris
              In this case that the photo was not frontal and blurry But sloping from above the view of the rear end was guiding me
              Behind the face of the eagle (right where the beak) makes a large round mean followed by a smaller one
              Looks behind an eagle the assmann 155/42 round prongs have this peculiarity more marked
              Also does not have the die flaw defects in the top of the wing in the flat prongs 155/42 (front look, left wing ) or the unmarked assmann round prongs (front look, right wing) also discard the unmarked flat prongs (although like the 155 / 42 round prongs is also free of frontal die flaw defects) because it has less detail.

Now I would like know,that led to you see an obvious zimmermann.
              Although I believe that you responding (because I say so) for many will be enough .
              Last edited by olle; 01-12-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

As for the eagle, besides the fact that it has the classic Zimmermann head shape and trimming around the head, (shown in red marks), and also the typical head and chest details, etc., this particular variation is unique, in that the eye is different from all the other Zimmermann eagles.

Here is a picture of a similar example. Notice the how the "eyebrow" above the eye is a complete and separate piece. It is also smaller than the normal "eyebrow", which can also be seen in this picture, (type 1). Furthermore, in my experience, all Zimmermann eagles, (type 2), that I have encountered with this second style eyebrow had prongs attached just like the one in the second picture below. I have seen at least 10 "type 2" examples. Hope this helps!

Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

The cap itself looks authentic to me.
                  However, seems there's a large tear in top cover that's been repaired, is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                    ...it has the classic Zimmermann head shape...
                    Yup. The silhouette of the head is unmistakable. A casual glance at that head shape is all it took for me to know for certain that it was a Zimmermann, without needing to look at finer details.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X