No announcement yet.

TK Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever did it they took the time to shape the skull tab on one side to fit the collar . It is more angled in the front. That IMO would be hard to fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Partisan View Post
      The tress is post-war (prolonged diamonds)
      Some prolonged tresses were used during the war. There is a very good thread on this subject here on the WAF. J

Comment

Its a NVA tresse only because NVA used the original pre 1945 produced tresse remained in the storages....
        So nothing wrong with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Harrybr View Post
          Its a NVA tresse only because NVA used the original pre 1945 produced tresse remained in the storages....
          So nothing wrong with it...
          I've thought that.

Is there anything confirming this?

Comment

Im not sure there is. NVA used long diamond tresse and there is war time produced version as well. There is slight color difference atleast from what I have seen. But they are close. With that said original long diamond tresse used in WW is quite rare. Fakes are more common.

One should also take the wear into consideration, or the moth nips. Based on these observations one can make up his own mind. Doesnt speak in favour so to say...

Cheers

// Felix

Comment

Dachau version of that pumpkin head and the stitching of the tunic. I like the overall tunic. Treat it kindly! What a find!

Comment

Hi,
                I like what I see ,selective moth damage just like on my tunic, as someone commented on mine moths don't follow normal collector patterns,
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I like it ....

lg H.

Comment

So is there any consensus whether is tunics insignia is originally applied?

Comment

If I have to decide just from the pics I would not take the risk.It's always tough to get a definitive verdict on uniforms.Hands on is the only way .

Comment

consensus?
                        I would say insignia is 100% restored. You see shades of previously attached insignia. Eagle does not match condition of other insignia or pattern of typical attachment. I mean having a perfectly new Winkel and so abused eagle is an obvious reason to say reatached and most of all, this eagle is tipical for m43 tunics, not m41.
                        Cheers

Comment

just to make it clear, i speak for the second - runic tab tunic.
                          the TK tunic is one i owed some time ago and i still cannot forgive myself i sold it
                          Insignia is 100% originally attached. I had it for so long and inspected that

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                            consensus?
                            I would say insignia is 100% restored. You see shades of previously attached insignia. Eagle does not match condition of other insignia or pattern of typical attachment. I mean having a perfectly new Winkel and so abused eagle is an obvious reason to say reatached and most of all, this eagle is tipical for m43 tunics, not m41.
                            Cheers
                            may you educate me wich model of eagle fit on m41 tunic?

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                              Whoever did it they took the time to shape the skull tab on one side to fit the collar . It is more angled in the front. That IMO would be hard to fake.
                              Agreed...I like the tunic and it has a very good chance. Fits the narative.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                                consensus?
                                Cheers
                                Not saying insignia is not replaced in this case but as a rule one can not assume that all period sewn insignia on a given piece will show the same wear or even in all cases wear consistent with the base tunic. Much insignia was period added (promotion sleeve chevrons, cuff titles shields and many other things) as well as being replaced. A two year old front worn tunic could well have an item or items attached that were only there a month before the war ended

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X