Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stian View Post
    Hi all,

If anyone wants some more pictures of one of these parkas then please say so. Mine has the fur taken out and I believe that the one I got was the same as the one that Øyvind shown in his original postings based on when this tread was started. I bought mine from Derek in 2005 and I remember he had one more with fur but it was also sold around the same time. I don’t know about the value today. I paid 15 000 NOK for the parkas in 2005 and I got a hood for 1000 NOK from a Norwegian collector and this was also in 2005.

Cheers,
    Stian
    Hi Stian, I took the liberty to post your images here (as you had offered to do so!)
    Image credit goes to Stian!!! Re-posted here to learn more about these.

I knew about them being limited used by a Norwegian manned SS Police company in Norway only but with Gran Sasso's revelation that a blood soaked one was found in the Eifel area makes these even more intriguing!
    So Norwegian production and used outside of Norway as welll! VERY interesting! Note chest pockets!
    Attached Files

Comment

No problem Nick.

Regards,
      Stian

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
        I had one of those some years ago, it was in very used condition, had a hole in the lower back, and a uge blood-stain. Was found in germany, Eifel-area, retreat route from the battle of the bulge.
        Just found the old fotos:
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow that's a lot of blood (staining) ...so used as a blanket to keep the wounded soldier warm is my guess! Definately combat used than and outside of Norway! (unless you believe its a post war hunting accident!)

So which SS units were transferred from Norway during the winter of 44/45 into the Eiffel - Ardennes area? and could have used these Norwegian made SS parkas I wonder?
                Definately not the "Norwegian SS Ski Bat" (for which this garment was intended according to some ...) but unit was never raised, nor the "4 Norwegian Politi kompani" (4 Police Company which remained in Norway) which was issued these supposedly according to others...
                Last edited by NickG; 06-05-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                  I had one of those some years ago, it was in very used condition, had a hole in the lower back, and a uge blood-stain. Was found in germany, Eifel-area, retreat route from the battle of the bulge.

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  So which SS units were transferred from Norway during the winter of 44/45 into the Eiffel area? and could have used these Norwegian made SS parkas I wonder?
                  Pondering on this further it must have been 6th SS Mountain Division "Nord" if Gran Sasso's story is true. After retreating from the Arctic front (Finland) into Norway in 1944 the 6th Mountain Div left the Norwegian Ski Bat behind in Norway (per their contract) and entrained to Germany via Denmark where they were refitted in preparation for the Ardennes offensive but arrived late (in January) and instead ended up participating in Operation Nordwind in the Low Vosges mountains of eastern France. That would be more south than the Eiffel region though...but in retreat who knows?
                  Last edited by NickG; 06-08-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X