Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra rare SS-camo parka

Hi!

Just wanted to show you one of the rarest (?) SS-camo uniforms made during ww2. The Parkas was made in Norway, and there are 10 know examples. Think all of them is in Norwegian collections. This one was sold on monday.

Enjoy this fantastic peice!

Cheers
    Øyvind

Comment

Comment

Last one for now.
        They were never given out, so all the parkas is in mint condition.

Cheers
        Øyvind

Comment

Øyvind,
          I think I remember one of these being posted on the GD forum by a Norwegian collector sometime ago I do not know if the thread is still there.

But would these be classed as a parka or more a foul weather or over jacket as with no insulation they would be somewhat cold?
          cheers,
          Gary

Comment

Hi Gary!

This parkas were normaly issued with fure, but in thise case the fure have been taken of, and been replaced with cotton (the black area).
            The porpouse with these parkas (after what I hve been told), was that a newly formed Norwegian SS-SKi bat (that never become more than a name on a paper) were suposed to wear these parkas.

Cheers
            Øyvind

Comment

Cheers.
              Peter

Comment

Fantastic parka. I have seen one of these before and I thought the story was that they were made up for the Norwegian Army after the war when as much German surplus (and there was and still is in Norway) as possible was used by the Norwegian army. Does anybody know for sure?

Comment

Parka

Hi,

We rely do not know 100% sure why these parkas was made. We know they were made in 1944 in Norway and that they probably was for the 4. Politikompani. With the sheep lining these parkas are very warm so they are made as cold weather protection. They are not reverseable and there is not a any (white) winter camo avalible for them. They do have a posibility to add a hood that can be worn over a helmet etc. The hood is also made in Norway at the same time.

These parkas is defenetly made during the war. They have indeed been used by the Norwegian army (National Gard units) in the 50's, but seeing people running around in the streets with gereman helmets, german weapons an SS camo (the parka, Smock and helmet covers etc.) was a bit to much for the public at that time so they stopped using the SS camo . The rest of the german equipment was in use for a long time.

Norwegian paratropers did made some jackets for testing in ss camo after the war. Wounder when they show up as a newly discovered ultra rare ss paratropers jacket....... The norwegian army had enough equipment after the war as there was no need to make their own.

Rgds
                  Pål

Comment

There are hoods as well in oakleaf. They had a Norwegian marking. The marking was square in the size of a postcard stamp. They were lined with short fur. I held one of these in my own hands.

Cheers.
                    Peter

Comment

Pal and Peter. Thank you for the information.

Regards,

Kev

Comment

What happened to those pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner
                          What happened to those pics?
                          Probably removed as they showed great details.

Comment

Here is a picture of a SS camo parka that was for sale here in Norway.
                            It is complete with hood and the sheep skin inside. Mint condition.
                            To me it looks very good, and I think they are genuin wartime, this one came directly from a Norwgian Home Guard Depot.

HL
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by hoggtannlars; 11-03-2008, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Inside
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by hoggtannlars; 11-03-2008, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X