Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-VT overseas cap-OPINIONS

Hello Guys,
    I'm interested in purchasing this SS-VT cap.
    I like it ,but I would like to receive yours opinions.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Francesco, I don't own of these and have only ever handled one in real life. But I feel this one stands a good chance of being original from these photos. A good clear close up of the insignia would, of course, be ideal.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello Adrian,

This is the Eagle close-Up
              Attached Files

Comment

I pinched this photo off another forum, hope the owner doesn't mind..There was also a VT cap eagle on the estand here recently but it must have sold because I can't find it now..
                Attached Files

Comment

I would expect an early SS-VT cap, such as this, to have the large oilcloth RZM label inside, not a manufacturer's logo. I have never encountered an original example without this.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman
                    I would expect an early SS-VT cap, such as this, to have the large oilcloth RZM label inside, not a manufacturer's logo. I have never encountered an original example without this.

Bob
                    Bob.
                    I agree.
                    I don't like that cap.
                    Apart from anything else, it looks like it was made yesterday.
                    Which means it probably was.

Comment

Bob,

I tend to agree, however I have seen an absolute Bona Fide VT Side cap with this style of stamp. It was found at a French car boot fair(for peanuts I hasten to add) and was heavily used. It was pictured in the identifications section of the French Magazine Militaria, I'll try and locate the copy. The fact that subsequent issues carried several adverts from different people asking to buy it speaks to its authenticity. My theory is that the earlier issues had the label the later ones just the stamp. Anyway just my opinion, I am no expert. I'll post pics of my VT cap later tonight its black lined VA Marked and has the remains of the oil cloth label.

regards

Mark

Bob

Comment

The field grey overseas cap is typically encountered with either a "Clemens Wagner " ink stamp and the size stamp or only a size stamp and on rare occasions a cloth "VA" type tag sewn into the lining of the cap . I have examined about ten examples of this type pattern cap . The eagle and cap appear correct on this one at least in the pictures , original eagles are not as detailed as the repros , on original caps the embroidered eagle tends to lay almost flat against the wool backing, on the repros it is slightly higher and has the wrong details , if you picture the second pattern 1936 VT sleeve eagle with the flat upper head it is the same type of embroidery . On the posting showing the six examples of the hat eagles the one in the upper right hand corner is a repro , showing the higher embroidery and the wrong type detail .
                        jim toncar

Comment

I am no cap expert...but which way is the TK button attached to the cap?

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Mr Jim Toncar.. my humblest (tardy) welcomes to this forum..thanks for each and every insiteful comment from your MANY experiences ..and please pay no attention to any newbie/moron who knows not of your expertise..Billbert

doesnt look like button and lining match the general condition of the cloth either..

Comment

Hi Bob,

My (early) SS-VT hat has no oil cloth label, just the makers stamp, and it's original. I'll post pics this evening. As far as this specimen, the lack of a deep center crease (or signs of it), well-worn exterior but nice button and liner, would make me want to look real hard at it. s/f Robert

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X