No announcement yet.

Good SS Dachau Tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The collar tabs in the beginning of this thread look like copies to me! I'm not keen on the construction of the back! There is nothing wrong with the socalled positioning and cutting lines on runics. They can be seen on runics from time to time...
    cheers
    Bart

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD
      Are these good Dachau tabs?
      Ain't no such animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
        Ain't no such animal.
        Constant repetition doesn't make it true, Robin. When you come up with an argument better than 'I don't believe it', people will take you seriously.

Comment

Ain't no such animal.
          Give it a rest robin you sound like a broken record

Comment

Originally posted by SJP
            Better scans would help but I think Marty C is right.They look like Delta's. Here is a back view of a tab I have.Is it possible to come to any conclusions by looking at only the reverse? Cheers Steve
            I think yours look like the good ones (from germanmilitaria and John Donovan).

Another valuable learning experience. I passed on the tabs at the start of the thread. Unfortunately, someone got burned for around $270.

Comment

Yes you're getting boring now Robin ..... Give it a rest. David

Comment

The Reverse Tab ......

Are there any prizes for getting it right ....... ? Does the winner get to keep the tab ..... ? As I am the first, I'd say yes looks okay but doubtful

Comment

Hi,
                  Well it seems that I'm the lone wolf here, but base on not having good clear images, comparing it with other similar insignias and of course the keen eyes from our members.... then I also will give both items a thumbs down.

Rene Chavez
                  Http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3
                    I'd say yes looks okay but doubtful

So.........is that a 'yes' or a 'no'??

Comment

So.........is that a 'yes' or a 'no'??
                      I was'nt looking for a or really,just thoughts on that type of manufacture.Cheers Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SJP
                        I was'nt looking for a or really,just thoughts on that type of manufacture.Cheers Steve
                        Steve,
                        The delta line is somewhat different, see picture below but its not just the line that is different its the base cloth, buckram and the thread they used and the execution of the emblems, some are better than others, I have seen the lines removed and new lines put on, i have seen new buckram added, I have seen the embroidery distressed but the base cloth will always remain the same and is unique to the Delta fakes
                        cheers,
                        gary
                        Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                          Steve,
                          The delta line is somewhat different, see picture below but its not just the line that is different its the base cloth, buckram and the thread they used and the execution of the emblems, some are better than others, I have seen the lines removed and new lines put on, i have seen new buckram added, I have seen the embroidery distressed but the base cloth will always remain the same and is unique to the Delta fakes
                          cheers,
                          gary
                          "A Tab Named Sue"?

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD
                            "A Tab Named Sue"?
                            Curt,
                            , well there is a story to this, sometime ago there was a PE tab for sale on ebay, i bid i won, the tab was the usual type encountered, i also won a FV shield for Holland as well,
                            I will post the pictures below, this is the tabs i won
                            cheers,
                            gary

Comment

the back

Comment

and this is the ebay picture of the Dutch shield which i won!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X