Good SS Dachau Tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good SS Dachau Tabs?

Ok guys, I'm still trying to get this right. Are these good Dachau tabs?

THANKS!!!
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Perhaps we will need clearer images for a better evaluation, but by just looking at the images IMO I don't see anything wrong with the SS rune tab .

Rene Chavez
      Http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez
        Hi,

Perhaps we will need clearer images for a better evaluation, but by just looking at the images IMO I don't see anything wrong with the SS rune tab .

Rene Chavez
        Interesting tabs. Are they original indeed ? The first "Dachau type" standard tabs with runes I ever encountered.

Comment

Based on the site that these are offered at I think you should examine them more closely...and what's up with white outline thread on rzm runic tabs?

John

Comment

tabs

I am suspicious that these may be the old Delta International reproduction tabs based on the backing and positioning of the cutting stitch on the back. The SS rune tabs that I got from a 42nd infanty vet who was at Dachau were the standard bevo tabs with the white colored backing. These I received with other tabs that we call "Dachau" style, which were primarily foreign volunteer tabs.

Marty
            Last edited by MartyC; 02-03-2005, 06:22 PM.
            I love the beach.

Comment

Hi folks,

We really cannot determine if the item is original or not unless we can get better images? Here is one being that is on sale by the Collector's Guild:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...os/S05752.html

Rene Chavez

Comment

Runic Tabs ....

IMO these are nothing like whats on sale on the collector's guild. The backing the runes and the buckram are all completely different. I too don't like the positioning of the cutting stitch. There is also too much material used on the backing. Not for me. David

Comment

[Looking to the back of these tabs I agree with David.

Rene

Comment

I have seen the cutting stitch on the Dachau foreign volunteer tabs but does anybody know if it is okay to have a cutting stitch on runic tabs?

John

Comment

Originally posted by John T
                      I have seen the cutting stitch on the Dachau foreign volunteer tabs but does anybody know if it is okay to have a cutting stitch on runic tabs?

John
                      The Runic tab on germanmilitaria (above) has cutting stiches.

Does anyone have a pic handy of the Delta tabs?

Comment

Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 03-11-2006, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 03-11-2006, 06:04 AM.

Comment

The tab John posted looks similar to the tab on GermanMilitaria...IE same backing material, and not all the extra material on the reverse as present in the first tab posted in this thread...I would think the Dachau Runic RZM tabs (kind with stitch on reverse) are therefore quite scarce.

Comment

Better scans would help but I think Marty C is right.They look like Delta's. Here is a back view of a tab I have.Is it possible to come to any conclusions by looking at only the reverse? Cheers Steve
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X