No announcement yet.

SS or Coastal Artillery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not a cap I would buy as an ss side cap, regarding the shadows on the cap easily faked, you would also expect the thread under the insignia to be a different colour as well to the rest of the cap, I would also expect the ghost marks to be darker than the surrounding material as well in your photo they look lighter but with those aside to me with those marking and the construction this is a coastal artillery cap.

Is it possible that coastal artillery caps were issued to waffen-ss units ?????? who knows and that is something that will come back to haunt you when and if you try to sell it on, sorry would be a no go for me
    cheers,
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
      This is not a cap I would buy as an ss side cap, regarding the shadows on the cap easily faked, you would also expect the thread under the insignia to be a different colour as well to the rest of the cap, I would also expect the ghost marks to be darker than the surrounding material as well in your photo they look lighter but with those aside to me with those marking and the construction this is a coastal artillery cap.

Is it possible that coastal artillery caps were issued to waffen-ss units ?????? who knows and that is something that will come back to haunt you when and if you try to sell it on, sorry would be a no go for me
      cheers,
      Gary
      Hello Gary.

Collectorsguild have one like mine, the same construction....with SS insignia applied ,the same look, ive also seen caps like mine but with the SS insignia applied (I Might be wrong here) so what you mean is that those caps are also C.A caps with SS insignia applied or?? Sorry for asking,my knowledge about SS caps is 0%

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by D.Sagatowski
        Hello Gary.

Collectorsguild have one like mine, the same construction....with SS insignia applied ,the same look, ive also seen caps like mine but with the SS insignia applied (I Might be wrong here) so what you mean is that those caps are also C.A caps with SS insignia applied or?? Sorry for asking,my knowledge about SS caps is 0%

Daniel
        Daniel,
        there is a thread regarding the ss side cap, i have just found it for some reason it has been moved into another forum, i have asked for it to be moved back, with a bit of luck it will apear later back in this forum
        cheers,
        gary

PS this is the thread;
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=37591
        Last edited by Gary Wood; 02-05-2005, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Hello guys. My personal opinion that ss and ca used one and the same model of the cap. Sorry I dont believe that it was necessary to produce headgear with some differences for ss. In this case only 100% guarantee of ss cap is italian wool and Italian lining.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
          X