• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS or Coastal Artillery?

That is the question ...

Attached Files

Comment

lets see a foto of the insides..if the shadows of insignia are to be believed ..looks like ss skull once resided there...

Comment

Looks SS to me and a nice original one,

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

The color of coastal artillery would have more green in it. This appears to be an original other ranks Waffen SS schiffen.

Bob

Comment

Hello Gentlemen

Im the owner of this cap, i have bougt the cap as an SS but a collector told me that this one might be coastal artillery so i just wanted to be sure . This cap comes from a very reliable source.

You can clearly see the "Ghost" of SS insignia, i will add pictures of the inside later today.

A question for you gentlemen.

How can i find insignia to my cap?? Or should i leave it as it is??? I do collect headgear (have some fine fieldcaps in mine collection)) but this is my first SS , Anyone remember how happy they were when they got their first SS???
            Last edited by D.Sagatowski; 02-03-2005, 08:50 AM.

Comment

According to the infomed judgement of this and other forums, that cap is coastal artillery, not SS.

In my humble opinion, though, there is no reason why these caps could not have been worn by the SS as well.

They used Luftwaffe tresse on SS shoulder straps from time to time, didn't they??

Comment

Hello Robin.

www.germanmilitaria.com has one like mine for sale exept that there is insignia on that one.

Im a little confused now??? Well , there must be collectors around with caps like mine with SS insignia applied, so you mean that all of those caps are Coastal caps that are upgraded to SS???

You can clearly see on my cap that it had an totenkopf.

Regards

Daniel

Comment

Coastal cap see the link

http://www.ww-2militaria.com/b/new/hs/hs0001/pops.htm

I will post the picture of inside of my cap later today, i also will try to post a better picture of the insignia "GHOST" , but i find it very hard to believie that my cap is not an SS-cap.

Comment

Didn't I read somewhere that the W-SS took over a lot of French made KM artillery schiffchen ? OR was it that the French made KM schiffchen are being passed off as W-SS and they're all very small sizes,too small to be used in fact ?

Or am I just confused .... no,don't answer that bit !

Ian.

Comment

The cap above is makermarked and dated 41, also a 59 sizestamp + russian capture stamp or russian museum stamps. Pics of that will come up shortly.

Comment

Seems when the prices for insignias were less expensive (SS)..many a coastal artillery cap became ss..also many became ss cavalry (with yellow soutache)..

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Does someone else have either a coastal art or SS hat with the same STYLE makers name?? IMHO there is something "nicht richtig" about the stampings inside..Never have I seen the B II 40 ARMY style grade stamping in any cap other than HEER caps..........Always something new to learn though........

Comment

In any case, not a textbook SS schiffchen... Do not know if it is coastal artillery.

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X