Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD tunic

Gents,

Please opinion on this sd "open collar" tunic. Thank You in advance for Your help.

The tunic appears original but the straps are Heer Infantry not SD also no trace of an SD raute. My guess is that as there is a shadow of a cufftitle it's a stripped and rebadged SiPo tunic ... still desirable despite it's condition.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
      The tunic appears original but the straps are Heer Infantry not SD also no trace of an SD raute.
      But heer infanterie do not have black ground, so black groudn with wite second pipping IMO are SS related
      Or are my eyes are incorect?

Comment

It has SS shoulderboards with greyish color and black underlay. I used to own this exact tunic ages ago, and it has been restored several times. As far as i know, this tunic has been made up as both Oberführer and Brigadeführer.

Basic tunic is 100% original, but in poor condition, and was restored several times. A well known dealer once asked me if i had used it as a bed for my cat, based on the condition

Just to mention it. I NEVER did anything to the tunic myself, and when i bought it i bought it as untouched. I returned it when i was made aware of the fact that it had been tampered with. And, when i owned it a Sieder fake officers eagle was on it.

Here's as Oberführer: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=339870
        Last edited by Jon. H; 04-07-2016, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
          But heer infanterie do not have black ground, so black groudn with wite second pipping
          I can't see a black background .... Obviously if the former owner say's it's there then it must be.

Ian.

Comment

I can't see a black background .... Obviously if the former owner say's it's there then it must be.

Ian.
            They might be replaced for all i know though, this tunic has been tampered with a lot of times so wouldn't suprise me. Was sold to me as Reichsführer SS staff tunic if memory serves me correct.

Comment

Ian.
              It there Ian, maybe time for the eye test? J

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                It there Ian, maybe time for the eye test? J
                I've got the glasses mate ... maybe just time to clean the old screen

Comment

Ian.
                  I maide the black background bit mor visible
                  Attached Files

Comment

alright alright ... I can see it now

Comment

The white material in the boards is an odd weave, rarely seen in original insignia. I suspect the boards are Heer pioneer boards that someone disassembled, added phony (oversized) white infantry branch waffenfarbe to and reassembled for use in this uniform.

Al

Comment

Every time this thing pops up they seem to do a worse job of restoration/fakery...

Don

Comment

Even on my phone I can see there's a clear trace of a cuff title on the left sleeve, so there definitely was one on there sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSAH1944 View Post
                            Even on my phone I can see there's a clear trace of a cuff title on the left sleeve, so there definitely was one on there sometime.
                            Yeah, even I saw that

Comment

Disregarding as to what time the insignia was applied, this tunic exemplifies classic lines and would be what I would look for in an original of this type.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X