No announcement yet.

metal skull opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the added pix, yes I see the resemblance to the Latvian pattern now

Comment

Yes, those posted by Winkelman are basically the same type of repro.
      I have many other photos, but I have not had a chance to look for them yet, (probably no need to now).

Anyway, the only major difference is that the one at the start of this thread has been heavily aged and corroded. You can see the same nose, the same upper-left cross bone, the same jaw bone details, and the same prongs, (if we had a picture of the back sides). These are all unmarked, and are easily distinguishable skulls, IMO.

Chris

Comment

Maybe this will help. Also, all of these highlighted areas are Zimmermann characteristics that they tried to copy.

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

Im not sure about orginality of this disscused skull but for sure you compare two different skull's .On the beegining of this thread we read about,, well kmowmn low quality copy'' and now we compare to different copy because it is hard to find ,,well know copy.''
          I think it doesnt make sense to continue the whole discusion until we found exactly same well known low quality copy
          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Funia View Post
            Im not sure about orginality of this disscused skull but for sure you compare two different skull's .On the beegining of this thread we read about,, well kmowmn low quality copy'' and now we compare to different copy because it is hard to find ,,well know copy.''
            I think it doesnt make sense to continue the whole discusion until we found exactly same well known low quality copy
            Peter
            are these?
            http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CED743AF2707D0

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CED743AF2707D0

Comment

Yep, notice the style of prongs and the thinness of the skulls.

Chris
              Last edited by SScollector; 03-09-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Yes for sure they are same. Even the gap in bones are same.
                But this way we are learning.Searching and comparing
                Those who prepare this skull was very gut .
                Im not looser at all because as you read my first post I also permitted this option
                This is discusion forum and hope still will be.(of course witchout same SS caps)
                I will be back
                Peter
                Last edited by Funia; 03-09-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I don't think that I fully understand all of your post, but to me, this is not a competition and there is only a quest for the truth. I have studied over 1 million skulls by pictures over 15 years and have developed an eye for what is what, in most cases. Anyone can make a mistake, but I try hard to be as accurate as possible. I do hope that you return for more discussions and I am sure that you will continue to contribute to the overall knowledge of this forum. We are all students in this hobby and we will never stop learning as long as we seek truth.

Chris

Comment

Thanks all guys for disscusion.
                    I never tread discusion as competition(who is better who is best).
                    But if we only will see answers ,,fake'' or ,,orginal'' we are not learning to much.
                    Im always asking when Im not sure -fake ? O.K why is fake pls explain.
                    Sometimes Im made this to trigger the discusion.
                    Of course as Im always wrote Im made mistakes but during this proses Im learning and other members .If they are searching the whole discusion they also get some positive information.
                    P..S I think Ian Hulley will kill me .He don't like dugs and I involved him into this discusion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X