Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched it i liked it showed real war and young soldiers why they was fighting.
    was 2 hours long. Used the correct camo Oak leaf Plane tree in normandy some had Dot camo.
    If you collect SS then it's a good film to see some camo in action.

its not no hollywood blockbuster like saving private ryan but is good.
    Its a low budget film and thats one of the reasons i bought it to support the director would be nice to see more films showing different sides and stories and using correct uniforms.
    also whats £25 pennys.
    I will watch it again.

but would like to see what other people think of it.

Comment

I watched trailer #2 and liked it. I have the movie on the way. Interesting how some WAFers jump on movies they have never seen as well as offering very biased opinions on many other things that they seem to know little about. There are a lot of good foreign movies out there. Come on, Inglorious Basterds, Monument Men, Fury, etc! By the way, no reenactors in Downfall ??

Comment

Thanks for all the updates, was waiting for this for quite a while..glad to see its a good watch Just ordered the Blu Ray, hope snail mail moves quickly!
        Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 01-23-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the dump question, but did you really like it?
          It was a common reenactor movie with average to bad cgi effects, common plot and common stories.

The only good are the good uniforms and equipments.

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
            Sorry for the dump question, but did you really like it?
            It was a common reenactor movie with average to bad cgi effects, common plot and common stories.

The only good are the good uniforms and equipments.
            Yeah it was quite good. low budget film had some action parts and not a bad story.
            It's never going to be like fury or the like but they have so much money to spend and the best directors/actors. Just good to watch something different for a change
            Did you watch it? did you like it?
            I hope they make more if this goes well maybe they will have more money to spend.

Comment

about Hollywood stuff ????

Originally posted by Felix View Post
              ... Im quite fed up with the usual Hollywood stuff. ...
              Cheers
              //Felix
              I prefer the unusual Hollywood stuff.
              OFW
              (below) Trying to ID WW2 movie this
              DE banner was used in. In 1965 it was
              in "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."
              The Last Battle, Season 1, Episode 17
              "Admiral Nelson is kidnapped by a group
              of Nazis trying to re-establish the Reich
              after WW2. They want Nelson to be in
              charge of their underwater projects
              ."
              sigpic
              .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

It is what it is. For those who choose to pan it, how about giving your own "correct in all respects" movie a try. Looks like it is for sale only. There are also some interesting movies out from Finland about their last big battle against the Soviets.

"This had been a LONG adventure but...... we're almost there!!!! Shipping started this week! So I hope you enjoy this movie!!!
                Please remember is a home made movie, so don't expect Saving private ryan! Ahaha!
                But, I really hope you'll like the story and the dialogs!
                I can't wait for the next projects!!! Thanks for your support!!!!!!... " Pepe

First movie I saw that got me into collecting was "Breakthrough." The Germans were driving US tanks! Still, the movie and plot were great! Also, the Young Lions, etc.

Comment

"Decision Before Dawn" got me looking for LW uniform items. Many years later, when I visited Heidelberg, I made a point of strolling the Philosophers Walk, same as the LW soldier in the movie did, just to see what he saw. One can make what they want of any movie.

Comment

Try the Russian movie "The Star" and the Korean movie "My Way". Both are excellent but didn't get much play in the US. Both are based on actual WW2 events.

Comment

Originally posted by ebj View Post
                      Try the Russian movie "The Star" and the Korean movie "My Way". Both are excellent but didn't get much play in the US. Both are based on actual WW2 events.
                      I saw the first and I lost my time. This would be an excellent war film? The only real actor is the German Shepherd Dog in 1:07:35

Comment

"Decision Before Dawn" got me looking for LW uniform items. Many years later, when I visited Heidelberg, I made a point of strolling the Philosophers Walk, same as the LW soldier in the movie did, just to see what he saw. One can make what they want of any movie.
                        A fabulous movie (especially for when it was made) except for the twerp playing the SS motorcycle driver.

Comment

Marlon Brando played the German skier and later officer in The Young Lions. In one apartment scene, his officer cap cord is correctly in place. When the camera comes back to him, it is missing! Seems like something almost always gets by. Backgrounds, the wrist watch in Ben Hur, etc. It shouldn't detract from the whole movie! Problem with us and war movies, we know too much about uniforms, vehicles, etc. George Petersen was a technical advisor for the Battle of Britain, which helped!.

Comment

The Korean Movie "My way" is a great movie about an incredible story.

"Fury" was a big let down, If the Germans were so lousy in combat as portrayed in the movie, WWII could have lasted just few months. It took only 4 US tankers to annihilate an entire W-SS regiment... towards the end It resembled more a mowing-down-Zombies movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
                              I pre ordered and got my copy today going to watch tomorrow looks great.
                              only on Blue ray and DVD
                              The uniforms look really good https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaC...1uGe5M_FGgbBXg

Where did you buy it from?

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo F. View Post
                                Where did you buy it from?
                                here is the Facebook page and the link to buy it.
                                http://mhwl-movie.com/

https://www.facebook.com/myhonorwasloyalty/?fref=ts

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X