Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is on the way..the only comment I have to date is...same as Saints and Soldiers..I wish the reenactors would have dirtied up their uniforms a bit..all looks quite fresh, but maybe you really need trained wardrobe people to get that right. Still think it looks good...and frankly, who is making movies about the Waffen-SS from their perspective these days...no one.

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
      here is the Facebook page and the link to buy it.
      http://mhwl-movie.com/

https://www.facebook.com/myhonorwasloyalty/?fref=ts
      Thank You! I bought a copy

Comment

I purchased and watched this movie. It was reasonably good until the scene near the end where a US paratrooper confronts a Waffen-SS man. The SS man freezes and lets the paratrooper turn and run, only to quickly return and shoot the SS man. First of all, the paratrooper would not have stepped out and confronted the man in that manner. Secondly, he certainly would not have returned alone and shot the man who was supported by his well-armed squad. This was an uncalled-for scene of unrealistic brutality, an obvious effort to make the enemy the only cold-blooded "brutes". As an 82nd Airborne Division vet the movie went in the trash!

Comment

I had liked this movie.
          he was shooting not by professionals. he was shooting by re'enactors, on the mobile phone camera- they have done Good work!

Comment

Watched 20 minutes of the movie, some interesting battle scenes but not for me Anyway if any British member here would like my copy free of charge and free postage then please contact me, if you wish recorded delivery then im afraid that will cost you £4's.

Comment

Just a quicky, film will be on its way to Tony Monday

Comment

Originally posted by dragnet View Post
                Just a quicky, film will be on its way to Tony Monday
                I wouldn't mind watching it after him.........if poss

Comment

Nothing beats this in my opinion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBDuO2zq1Zc

Far better than those clean uniforms, vehicles and too old and fat reenactors.

Comment

Old thread but I only watched the flick this last night.

Films like this spawn the movie critics in all of us. Low budget films always provide much to comment on. The first goal of a consumer of fiction (book/film) is his/her willing ‘suspension of disbelief’ defined as “a willingness to suspend one's critical faculties and believe something surreal; sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment” If one can’t do this then there’s always going to be allot to pick apart on a flick.

I think I liked the film strictly from the standpoint that it presented the perspective of the German infantryman rather than the A-Typical SS nazi fanatical bad-guy. I think the ‘background reflections’ of the soldier were what the film was about rather than the ‘action’ scenes or the ultimate outcome which anyone could’ve guessed before they hit Play.

The primary character points out his reasoning/dedication to the mission as ‘fighting for the unification of Europe’. Clearly the foreign formations of the Waffen SS, such as the ten thousand men of the Charlemagne Division, had similar thoughts ~ fighting to defend Europe from communism. Propaganda or not these reasons were real at the time; one only needs to read the reflections of Colonel Léon Degrelle or talk with a war veteran of the SS, as I have, to hear similar claims. At least in the beginning, it was believed there was a certain nobility in their cause.

The realization, portrayed in the film, that defeat was the only eventuality, that there was a dark side to what was happening behind their lines (at home) that raised questions that they may not be able to see themselves as holding the ‘high ground’ in their struggle and the ensuing despair I think was the primary message. That said, they were soldiers, defending their country, their loved ones and who, daily, were getting their asses handed to them no matter how well trained they were or how hard they fought yet, in spite of this, as the title says: “Their Honor was Loyalty” and they fought till the end.

The production may have been a bit amateurish and acting stilted but I believe it made its point. I tend to agree with President Reagan’s statement during his visit to Bitburg cemetery in ‘85: “They were victims, just as surely as the victims in the concentration camps

Comment

Originally posted by dragnet View Post
                      Watched 20 minutes of the movie, some interesting battle scenes but not for me Anyway if any British member here would like my copy free of charge and free postage then please contact me, if you wish recorded delivery then im afraid that will cost you £4's.
                      Watched a little bit here and there on Netflix glad I didn't waste any money buying the DVD
                      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Better a very low budget film made with heart than a colossal (of bul****s) as fury.

Comment

Hha ha hah ......
                          funny.
                          And stupid.

Comment

If you like your fury movie you have problems.
                            The story delete completely all the goodness of uniforms and mechanics.
                            And now go to see again an assault of 100 ss to an immobilized sherman firing on it hand weapons likes k98, mg34, mp40 for about 20 min. Great movie, of course

Comment

The movie had been discussed on "Book Review and Media" forum before: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=HONOR

Comment

Mauro
                                Here’s a review by Stormfront
                                Of your stupid movie
                                I am personally disappointed in you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X