No announcement yet.

SS Honor Ring prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ive payed top dollar for mine, but i have no regrets. A geniune mint ring wiht a awesome provenance story, even if its a late war one, is worth every dollar. The history, mysticism, and lore about these is just awesome.

Just make sure you buy the real deal and enjoy it.

EDIT: and just to add character to my opinion, who doesnt get his adrenaline pumping when seeing:
    Last edited by Thunderpit; 02-24-2015, 12:45 PM. Reason: added picture

Comment

Fantastic, you have a great grasp of what real collecting is about.
      I am glad to see someone else has that. Ron

Originally posted by Thunderpit View Post
      Well ive payed top dollar for mine, but i have no regrets. A geniune mint ring wiht a awesome provenance story, even if its a late war one, is worth every dollar. The history, mysticism, and lore about these is just awesome.

Comment

Every year there's some new item that's HOT and everyone's jumping for.

I don't inherently see anything wrong with trying to buy a piece as an 'investment' but it's not an investment if you're purchasing while the item is HOT HOT HOT and EVERYONE is discussing what a great investment it will be!

A good investment comes from buying at a reasonable price!
        ------------------------------------------------
        Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Nightstalker is right, look at this ring that just ended couple of days ago in auction format with 66 bids and winning bid of almost $300
          people have will and lack of knowledge at the same time.

Just take a look at the crazy prices people pay in auctions these days.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by addo; 02-24-2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

66 bids on this!
            Attached Files

Comment

So the ring on Weitzes site is genuine?
              It is just a case of being a good investment or not?
              Where are all the rings that are substantially cheaper?

Regards

Steve C

Comment

EDIT: and just to add character to my opinion, who doesnt get his adrenaline pumping when seeing:
                Outstanding. Love it, thunderpit! Great box, too- roped! nice...

Comment

I am stuck with many TR "pieces of history" that I can't sell at decent prices. The market is down now across the board except for super high end items like 20 Juli badges and diamond awards. You better be in it for the history these days because you're certainly not in it for the money.

Comment

"
                    ....The history, mysticism, and lore about these is just awesome..."
                    This is also my reason for being here

Comment

IF(!), I were to sell, I would make money on everything that I have bought. I ain't in it for the money. I read incessantly and I make the connections between what I have and where it happened. What I really like is when I wake up in the middle of the night and make a connection and go downstairs to the library and pull out two widely diverse books and make a connection between the two.
                      I am not selling, I am buying.
                      Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X