• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On NickG`s photos it looks as if they had dark and not white border lines
    Attached Files

Comment

Nick

A hand made version also existed, with the cross stitched on and cheese cloth backing, like you see on the collar tabs. It was larger in size.

As for the black border - I am not sure, perhaps thick stitching or a retouched photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
        Nick

A hand made version also existed, with the cross stitched on and cheese cloth backing, like you see on the collar tabs. It was larger in size.

As for the black border - I am not sure, perhaps thick stitching or a retouched photo?
        Yeah I am sure multiple variations existed (home made, cottage industry) in the early formation years of " Norske Leg" ,
        as was the case with most foreign volunteer legions national insignia...
        That's what makes it so hard to judge some of these...but if you are confident about Michael's , well great!
        Very good score!
        Congratulations are in order!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 08-14-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Dear sirs

Some years back I asked a Frw. norwegian Legion Ustuf about this matter, and he told me they aquired them from a civil firm(s). I also believe they got versions from different sources. There is a chanse it also where produced for the civilian marked.
          I would only set a price upon examples with 100% legion Norwegen provience.

Comment

As it came with a bag of British stuff, could it not be "British"..after all there were many Norwegians fighting on the Allies side too.....just a thought

Comment

The norwegian flag used on british battlejacket was of smaller type and if I recall it was standarised.
              Norwegian resistance armband used however different types and sizes of flags during the caputilation.

Comment

This type of flag has been discussed before nothing wrong with it nice original.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=Norwegian

Rene Chavez
                www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Originally posted by jotuntroll View Post
                  The norwegian flag used on british battlejacket was of smaller type and if I recall it was standarised.
                  By the way:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well that settles that, white backed/white bordered flags are of civilian sources and used by Norske Legion and nurses early on!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X