No announcement yet.

Tropical SS Sahariana Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was lucky enough to find a complete set with headgear. I have also seen the cufftitle reichsfuhrer ss on saharians.

Comment

also in Italy often full badged RF ct but also LSSAH

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys
        sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
          the problem will be the headgear
          Hi Mauro, check here for a tropical cap :
          http://www.warrelics.eu/classifieds/...cap-m-41/cat/6

Comment

The problemi is the yellow eagle for headgears

Comment

I have seen one for sale here at the estand recently but the problem was the price

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post
                I have seen one for sale here at the estand recently but the problem was the price
                That one had a small section of material damage as I recall. It was certainly priced on the high end, but would be worth it IMO if in top end condition. I have two beautiful examples in my collection which I hope to find time to take some photos and start a thread for all to enjoy. It is one of my favorite types of SS headgear.

Comment

Originally posted by Rheinmetall View Post
                  I have two beautiful examples in my collection which I hope to find time to take some photos and start a thread for all to enjoy
                  Looking forward to that
                  thanks

Comment

Hi Don, that price was out of the field, I nearly brought one a year ago, but due to the dealer going on holidays, the day I contacted and committed to buying it for around the 2200 euros, but the next day a customer stop by and brought it as the sales person did not see the owner/dealers note that it was sold to me!

Anyway I am lucky to have now mainly finished off my full mannequin as I just added the trousers that I was looking for a long time to find! The only thing is that I still don't have a cap, but I do have the Topical SS pith helmet.

All the best Don in your'e project,

Lou

Comment

Hi Lou, thanks for posting.
                      Here is a complete in the estand right now: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=748886

And a stripped at WRF, still available: http://www.warrelics.eu/classifieds/...cap-m-41/cat/6

I will add only the eagle and straps to the tunic and that's it. I am not going to build a complete mannequin as i wouldn't be able to afford such project

Comment

Low price of sahariana is strictly linked to the scarcity of yellow eagle... Very few collectots want became crazy to find it and building a south front mannequin!
                        I'm one of them :-)

Bit of course it's a lovely project

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                          Bit of course it's a lovely project
                          I am sure it is

Comment

Agree, I had to settle for the poor man's option with an extra tropical helmet for mine. Compatible so nothing the matter with that.

Nice tunic you have.

-Ray-
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice thread guys,

I think sahariana tunics deserve a thread on it's own
                              Here is my set up.It has nice tropical artillery shoulderboards too.Only looking for some buttons with s ring

Etienne
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yep Etienne your'e wright their should be a thread on Sahariana uniforms.

I purchased my Jacket being a unissued one with the arm eagle removed, so for the first time I decided to put together a display off a senior SGT of the Totenkopf Recon section.

Lou
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X