No announcement yet.

SS Collar tabs set (SS-Mann)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardigan, I don't understand post number seven, it isn't the tab for sell and really doesn't matter at this point as nobody is claiming non-textbook variants don't exist.
    The example in the photograph displaying the two Nco's is clearly a standard issue tab and not the example you possess. I think you maybe the one seeing things that aren't there.
    By all means though, wait for more opinions, but while you do so please take into consideration that several advanced collectors have commented with a opinion one and the same as mine...you currently stand alone. Such has to mean something, right?

Comment

"Note the arch in the middle on the right side of each rune in the pictures you posted isn't the same as the one for sale on the Estand." You are nitpicking by saying this. Btw It's not a standard issue tab but you don't want to see. I only want to show it's a variant tab with the same well shaped runes etc.. and not some kind of fake with misshapen runes placed in the wrong angle. And I must wait for opinions ? Why ? Nobody here is claiming that it's a bad tab.

Comment

Ok sir, I will stop "nitpicking" as you say. I guess the true test though will be seeing whether the thing sells or not...good day and happy collecting

Comment

Certainly not a collar tabs pair I would have bought

Comment

Still available on the Estand!
            Allow me to add that both examples lack their buckrams, which is just another red flag to add to the list. And though many authentic examples certainly do exist without them, even more fakes can be found in such situ. due impart to it's not often one comes across a unissued buckram without it's counterpart, as well any reproduction would be quite obvious, to most, that it's not original.
            Sorry to repeat myself, but the true test will be to see if someone buys them. As of now nobody has, and that's even with all the btt and reductions. You'd especially think such a "rare" set in good plus condition for only €400 would sell within minutes if truly original, right?
            Enough said in my opinion.

Comment

A red flag because of lacking the buckram !? There are lots of period pictures where you can see tabs without them !

So everything what's still on the E-stand after some time with a reasonable or cheap price is fake according to you ! Strange way of thinking !
              We are still in a worldwide financial crisis or do you think it's already over ?
              I had an almost mint alumininum SS (cap)skull without prongs for sale which was priced cheap but it took a few months to sell it !
              And now I have for some time a rare 'Neusilber' SS-skull for sale, maybe you are thinking that this is also a fake !
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=745395

Comment

SS-skull for sale ....

Its in a very poor condition .....
                I feel you might have to let it go a lot cheaper than that
                Regards
                David

Comment

In a very poor condition ? You are joking ? In hands it's much more nicer than on the pictures, it's difficult to make a nice picture with good light of this silver one. Here on the left of this picture (not mine) is another 'Neusilber' which has a bit more of the Silver and also has some similar wear but is taken in better light. In your opinion is this one in a poor condition !
                  And a lot cheaper ? Try to find one for sale !
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's the back ....
                    This is been messed with ... IMO its poor
                    Regards
                    David
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan View Post
                      In a very poor condition ? You are joking ?
                      No my learned friend is NOT joking

Comment

Messed with ? It's simply a patina on Silver and on the left there's lead for a repaired prong from those days. This is the best I can do with my camera, it still looks different.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here another 'Neusilber' (not mine) with patina or do you think it's burned or something ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Selling non-standard things can be fraught .... there are people who can afford to sit on these A-typical pieces and wait for them to be accepted. Perhaps another 'Insignia Bible' will come along with a lot more fakes to be authenticated by publication but that will be a while.

Personally I wouldn't buy them, there are enough people out there who will though .... eventually they will sell, eventually.

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X