Does this SS pin exist or purly fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boned

Thanks guys, for your help. I guess that covers it. I guess that i will try and get my $ back. I guess that also answers why my butt hurts.moremad moremad moremad
    Joe
    Well once again maybe .we have shared some important information with others.
    What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

Hi Joseph;

I'm really sorry for picking your items apart but I don't believe the cased Gold Wound badge you have is original. It's hard to tell in the photos but it appears to have a swollen or coke bottle type pin and to my knowledge no gold wound badges were made like that.
      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

SS Lapel Pin

Contacted buyer and he will provide a full refund. Thanks, again guys for your help. Thanks Tony, I believe your not correct on the Gold wound badge, both the Gold and Silver came with two variation hinge and pin assemblies. One of wich is text book to the one I have for sale.One variation was the barrel hinge with a needle pin, the second was a solid hinge with a broad thick tapered blunt ended pin bar.
        Thanks
        Joe
        Last edited by Joseph D'Errico; 08-13-2002, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Hi Joseph;

Can you please point me to the reference material you used? Here's a link to Michael Tuckers site for you to check out. Except for the makers mark, I think your badge looks pretty much identical.

http://www.authenticmilitaria.com/re...roduction2.htm

If I'm mistaken then my apologies.
          Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Gold Wound badge

Robin Lumstrum " Detecting the Fakes" ( I don't know if I spelled his last name correct ,but you know the book. These websites that depict fakes or repoductions are questionable at times. Was this your only source of referance or did you just want to show me an example from a repoductions web site? I tend to put more faith in the authers that I trust than alot of these types of site, they have know to be wrong on some items. I gather that alot of you don' care for Christopher Ailsby ,but he also gives the same examples. By the way feel free to always ask questions or point out some controversal piece. As I have demonstrated if I feel that the input of other memebers can get loser to the truth then I have no problem pulling something from my site. I think I need to take another shot of that showing a better look at the pin.
            Thanks
            Joseph

Comment

Dear Joe,

Where is the website that shows your wound badge?

And don´t take Lumsden´s book as the bible, it is also full of mistakes.

Cheers, Frank H.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank;

Here's the link for you to Josephs site.

http://www.reichauctions.com/

Hi Joseph;

Michael Tucker is a very well known author and it's his site that I pointed you to concerning repops. He authored "Collecting Military Badges of the Third Reich" and has a new book coming out this September entitled "German Combat Badges of the Third Reich". Here's a link for you to see a preview of it.

http://www.authenticmilitaria.com/books/default.htm

I'll not trouble you any longer with your items.
                Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Gold wound badge

To Frank and friends, nobody is bothering me if they question the authenticity of any of my items. I never take it personaly. If I come off that way in my responses that couldn't be furthur from the truth. I want a good site and have pulled items from it based on input from you guys. To tell you the truth, as far as any of the referance books,web sites ect. goes I'm sure that these guys wouldn't agree on everything. Point are well taken and researched. If I come off kinda blunt it's because I own a RestaurantD'Erricos Restaurant and that keeps me running as well as very busy.
                  Thanks
                  Joe
                  Last edited by Joseph D'Errico; 08-14-2002, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Joseph....

These coke bottle pin L/63 marked gold wound badges have been around a few years and are definetly reproductions.

If you do some searching on this forum you will find a number of posts confirming this. The one pictured in Ailsby's book is likewise a repro.

I bought one of these a few months ago and unfortunatley did the research after I bought it. Luckily I was able to determine it was a fake and returned it.

Comment

Zivilabzeichen der Ss

The SS-pin shown in the first post is a totally fantasy piece.
                      To my experience such a pin never existed.

The "Mitgliedsnadeln der SS" or "Zivilabzeichen der SS" should look like the one showed on the period picture of Walther Darré.

Original SS-Zivilabzeichen, were produced by two firms.

Early high quality stick pins were made from real 900 silver by the famous firm of Karolina GAHR in Munchen.
                      They were marked ...SILBER 900...GAHR MUNCHEN...and the SS-number. From the quality the are one of the best pins made !
                      They produced a very small part of all the SS pins.
                      EXTREMELY rare to find and they came in a red box.

The most of the SS-Zivilabzeichens were made by the firm of HOFFSTATTER. Lesser in quality a little smaller and not made in real silver.
                      These Hofstatter pins ary highly reproduced.

Pieter.
                      SUUM CUIQUE ...
                      sigpic

Comment

Belated info

A bit late with a messageI know, the SS lapel badge is sold in England by N.Morigi for £5.95. He never implies they are original. His catalogues are a good source for checking out fakes.

Andy Mac

Comment

Andy is right. Morigi's site is a great place to see what is being faked these days. It is astonishing and, frankly, depressing. See for yourself: www.nicholasmorigi.com.
                          OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

This piece did exist!!!!!!!!

The SS badge that I posted some time ago, after much debate we all decided that it was a fantasy piece. IT IS NOT AND I HAVE PERIOD PROOF. WHAT I'M NOT SAYING IS THAT THIS ONE WAS AN ORIGINAL . IT DID EXIST AS A BADGE. Read the quote from Pieter Verbruggen
                            .If anybody need the proof I will scan them the pictures from a period book that shows this SS Lapel pin.
                            Thanks
                            Joe

Comment

Huh????? Where do you see that at in his post???
                              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

SS Badge

I would agree with Pieter, I have never seen a real SS lapel badge like the one Joe showed, only FAKES! Now that doesn't mean I'm right, but seeing is believing.

Regards
                                Andy Mac

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X