cufftitle Das Reich !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vilja View Post
    My poor old eyes also count six (strands)???

Vilja
    Bill, do the six strands give you pause for thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
      Bill, do the six strands give you pause for thought?
      Yes Arran…6 strands do cause me to pause and look at the whole.

My experience with SS cuff titles is limited to a specific date and time (before digital photography) and I never owned a band with 6 strands, nor did I ever handle one.

But when I look at the whole, I am not convinced at this very moment and I would like to expand on what I observe later in the day.

Vilja

Comment

There are a number of divisional SS cuff titles made with 6 strands that are original. This cuff title is one of them, and other that the dyed lettering, is fine and original.

regards, Robert

Comment

I would just like to add that the consensus about six strands as possible originals is not 100 % clear. I have myself found that Deutschland exists in six strands that I can not fault as original compared to a seven strand original. However that does not go for Das Reich IMO. I cant rule it out totally, but to be sure, stick to what is knows as originals. Thats how the smar collector plays it.

//Felix
          Last edited by Felix; 03-22-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what constitutes the smart collector, but many of the early cuff titles like Deutschland, Germania, and Adolf Hitler cuff titles were all made in six strand varieties, among others.

What is unusual about this one is the dark dye job - an odd thing to do to any cufftitle. While some bevos went from white to grey, this seems extreme. Seems a pity but who knows why someone felt compelled to do this.

regards, Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X