• Time
  • Show
Clear All

cufftitle Das Reich !

Not a good one or?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The band seems to have the correct weave ....
      But what has happened here ....
      Regards
      David

Comment

I'm not sure about if its a good one or not,

David, are you talking about the color of the Lettering?
        I think he took a picture of it while it had a blacklight on it to how glow
        possibly.

Mike

Comment

It looks like someone inked out the lettering with a blue marker. Not sure why but really destroys the value as I think this could be a good one.

Greg

Comment

Normally I wouldn't suggest such drastic measures so try a very SMALL bit toward the end of the cufftitle. I am not responsible for outcome but this has worked in the past.You want to buy a bottle of BRAKE FLUID. Don't bother with discount dollar store brands get like PRESTONE or STP. Try & find CLEAR fluid. If it didn't destroy or harm the test area,Completely submerge the letters of the CT in a disposable dish. let set for 35 to 45 mins. (longer if its working) If the ink is really coming off in massive amounts pour out the brake fluid and replace it w/ fresh.When you see that it will remove no more of the ink,next subme only the area that you submerged in brake fluid in RUBBING ALCOHOL. Make sure its 93% pure (most of the times you'll find 70%, YOU DEFINATELY NEED 93%!!!!!!!!!) Let the CT sit in the alcohol 15-20 mins. Remove & place between napkins or towels to remove most of the alcohol by blotting. Then let air dry. Youd be surprised how well this works. Ive gotten ink off pictures covering runes & swastikas,but this is a very dark item don't know how it will react to black fabric or border tresse so proceed w/ caution. if it works well PLEASE POST A PIC & GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Richard

Comment

Thanks a lot Richard!
              Here are some more pics! I think it is a nice 100% original cufftitle Das Reich!

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
              Normally I wouldn't suggest such drastic measures so try a very SMALL bit toward the end of the cufftitle. I am not responsible for outcome but this has worked in the past.You want to buy a bottle of BRAKE FLUID. Don't bother with discount dollar store brands get like PRESTONE or STP. Try & find CLEAR fluid. If it didn't destroy or harm the test area,Completely submerge the letters of the CT in a disposable dish. let set for 35 to 45 mins. (longer if its working) If the ink is really coming off in massive amounts pour out the brake fluid and replace it w/ fresh.When you see that it will remove no more of the ink,next subme only the area that you submerged in brake fluid in RUBBING ALCOHOL. Make sure its 93% pure (most of the times you'll find 70%, YOU DEFINATELY NEED 93%!!!!!!!!!) Let the CT sit in the alcohol 15-20 mins. Remove & place between napkins or towels to remove most of the alcohol by blotting. Then let air dry. Youd be surprised how well this works. Ive gotten ink off pictures covering runes & swastikas,but this is a very dark item don't know how it will react to black fabric or border tresse so proceed w/ caution. if it works well PLEASE POST A PIC & GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Richard
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think its a good one also. Normally I say leave the item as you find it but in this case its rendered it worthless. Please try the procedure I suggested to you! this is best chance to repair it. In some cases it works so well you cannot tell it was damaged in most cases. Ive never tried it on cufftitles but works on removing ink from non glossy photos, Please post pics with results. This is a rare opportunity to try this out on a real CT. Best, Richard

Comment

Six strands? My poor old eyes counts six.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                            Six strands? My poor old eyes counts six.
                            My poor old eyes also count six (strands)???

Vilja

Comment

The ink could easily be removed from this original cufftitle by a professional textile conservator. It would cost around $40.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X