Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsfuhrung SS Cuff Title Help

Hello,
    These rather fuzzy photos were sent to me, can you tell if this CT is good or bad?
    Thanks very much for your help, Dan
    Attached Files
    http://griffinmilitaria.com/

sigpic

Attached Files
    http://griffinmilitaria.com/

sigpic

Comment

Hello Dan. IMO this is not an original Waffen-SS cuff title. I could only find a couple of examples of this cuff title on which to base my opinion, but based on those few examples, I find this one is very crude in construction and the letters are very different in shape and spacing compared to the few examples I found.

Comment

Although I think it crude also, this isn't supposed to be a Waffen SS CT. Doesn't it denote the command office of the SS-Himmler's staff office?

Comment

In my opinion this IS a good cufftitle.

Comment

I also think this one has good chance to be a good one!

Comment

SS title

Perhaps this might help. This is the title on my uniform. I can't show the opposite side but maybe this view can help out.
              Attached Files

Comment

As I posted I tried to base my opinion on examples that I could find. I appreciate other's that are better qualified to shared their opinions. One of the examples that I looked at is the very one seen on HowardC's tunic posted above (very nice M43 BTW!)

While not a Waffen-SS cuff title in the sense of a divisional title, i.e. Adolf Hitler or Das Reich, etc., Himmler's office was restructured in late 1939 after the outbreak of the war and, from what I understand, this cuff title was created for that restructure. It appears on field gray service uniforms of Waffen-SS personal working within the confines of the office's under Himmler's control, so IMO it can be considers as such.

Comment

Originally posted by herrgeezer View Post
                  As I posted I tried to base my opinion on examples that I could find. I appreciate other's that are better qualified to shared their opinions. One of the examples that I looked at is the very one seen on HowardC's tunic posted above (very nice M43 BTW!)

While not a Waffen-SS cuff title in the sense of a divisional title, i.e. Adolf Hitler or Das Reich, etc., Himmler's office was restructured in late 1939 after the outbreak of the war and, from what I understand, this cuff title was created for that restructure. It appears on field gray service uniforms of Waffen-SS personal working within the confines of the office's under Himmler's control, so IMO it can be considers as such.
                  Sorry if I confused the issue with my comment. I wanted to learn about the use of these CTs so I looked into my Mollo Vol. 7 "Waffen SS Badges & Unit Distinctions" for an answer. The Reichsfuhrung SS CT was introduced in May 1940 for all ranks on the staff of the SS-Hauptamt and all other Hauptamter in place of CTs with names of particular SS Main offices. So yours would have been used in place of the SS-Fuhrungsamt. The CTs are found hand embroidered and machine woven.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X