• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://ww2.ru/store/element.php?SECT...EMENT_ID=70461

Here is one piece for sale.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm not really keen on the use of the circular (SS) stamp on leather goods. Identical to commercial goods used by police.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
        Doug

Your equipment looks similar to a set I acquired from a police collector in Germany who pulled it out of the department basement. The ones I bought had police ink stamps, but same maker with different date I think. Same equipment would have been used for LSSAH, but I would have thought that leather equipment would have had SS-VA stamps.

Still have some other pieces.
        Joe - I agree completely and believe there is no guarantee of SS provenance without SS-VA stamps.

Scott

Comment

I agree that most of the white leather parade equipment was made by the same firm for both the ss and police, but I don't think that all ss equipment was ss marked. I have a white em parade belt that has good provenance to an ss man that is not SS marked. I would guess that only a fraction of their leather equipment was marked, otherwise we would see more of it on the market. Those items we do see often have bogus added ss stamps to pump up the value.
          Just my opinion, Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
            I agree that most of the white leather parade equipment was made by the same firm for both the ss and police, but I don't think that all ss equipment was ss marked. I have a white em parade belt that has good provenance to an ss man that is not SS marked. I would guess that only a fraction of their leather equipment was marked, otherwise we would see more of it on the market. Those items we do see often have bogus added ss stamps to pump up the value.
            Just my opinion, Doug
            I agree that not all leather equipment used by the SS was SS marked. I also agree that most SS marked leather equipment I have seen has had fake SS markings added. However, period original SS marked equipment did exist especially early on. Such items SS ownership is irrefutable and so command an entirely different value than similar unmarked leather equipment. Being a pathological skeptic I place little value in provenance that does not involve direct evidence.

Comment

I have seen white ammo pouches in the 1980s that were SS marked and I believe they were real.

Comment

Hi guys!
                Unfortunately I can not put a photo here but give a link to the best of my thing pertaining to LAH Honor Guards: http://www.antik-war.lv/viewtopic.ph...7151&start=250

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X