No announcement yet.

ss silverware set for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my apologies to all, for my ignorance. I don't know if a reference book would have confirmed that this silverware set is a fake or not. but I agree a forum search would have and I apologize. im still learning. my area of interest is daggers and I believe I have become fairly knowable in that area. but I will still put an expensive dagger up for discussion regardless.
    you older blokes wanted to know were all the young collector's are? were here and im one of them and we ask questions even stupid ones this is how we learn. and I learnt something from this discussion.
    I appreciate this forum and its members. I visit here several times a day. were like one big family.
    ive always been a collector of something. its in my blood I get it from my dads side. I wont give up TR collecting because of fakes and stupid questions. im not going back to coins and stamps
    my thanks and appreciation to this forum and its members.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodieb View Post
      my apologies to all, for my ignorance. I don't know if a reference book would have confirmed that this silverware set is a fake or not. but I agree a forum search would have and I apologize. im still learning. my area of interest is daggers and I believe I have become fairly knowable in that area. but I will still put an expensive dagger up for discussion regardless.
      you older blokes wanted to know were all the young collector's are? were here and im one of them and we ask questions even stupid ones this is how we learn. and I learnt something from this discussion.
      I appreciate this forum and its members. I visit here several times a day. were like one big family.
      ive always been a collector of something. its in my blood I get it from my dads side. I wont give up TR collecting because of fakes and stupid questions. im not going back to coins and stamps
      Everyone ask stupid question from time to time, and we all learn. I know how it is, and some times we need help on an item. I have reference books and enjoy follow the forum. Books dont do it aloen but is a great help.
      I understand and agree with TK point, but on the other hand we all have to remember that we once were new to the hobby, and moste of us have spent quite a few dollars on crap in the past. We cant know it all and being an expert on caps, dont help you when you Pick up a helmet, and Ludwig Bears helmet book wont help you much in todays market on fakes.... It will give you some basic knowledge but cant help you all the way, and there the forum is a great help

Take care and dont be affraid to ask questions, the dump ones also help us getting weiser

Regards
      Lars

Comment

It harms no one to ask any question you like. If people don't like it I suggest they ignore the thread

As for what book you could buy that would show you all the fantasy pieces.... I am not sure I would have room in the house for that set of encyclopedias. I think many are forgetting that they were not born into the world SS experts either. A little patience might go a long way

Comment

Originally posted by Brodieb View Post
          Hello, TK is at a point where many will get to: utter dismay at the state of SS fakes at every turn. If you stay with it long enough, SOme day it will get to you too.
          It has got to me already. For me, I have evolved into not normally even looking at threads like this and changing my interests, and having a heavy dose of disbelief.
          One thing TK is telling you that is worth its weight in gold is: educate via books, not just the web. Also have skepticism of the books also. Nothing is ever perfect. Everyone makes mistakes by accident, sometimes people make lies on purpose to fool. Happens in the books also.
          Finally read through many old and new threads, notice who seems to be making some sense and who never gets into trouble with pushing fakes, you can learn a lot by following those who have some wisdom. Many don't post much anymore so look at old threads on what you are interested in.
          ANd again, get your hands on books.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
            As long as this obvious fake stuff is offered there will be people who will ask if it might be real. And there is more of this garbage offered all the time as real stuff becomes harder to find.
            speaking of garbage, throw this silverware in your ss trashcan that you like so well

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
              Why people keep bothering about this "SS" silverware, "SS" bottles, "SS" cigarette cases, "SS" matches boxes crap I will never understand.
              But I guess it's just me.
              Hahahaha. ....so true. Its all Eastern European crap....same with all the awful E.B. rubbish that abounds.

Comment

Why kill the messenger - if there's any fault it's among the collectors and dealers who drive the prices to insane levels and promote hysteria and forgery.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X