Weihenacht Julleuchter Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
    I have one, and I have 22 pages also all loose leaf, might have been either the 42/43 weihenacht book. Which would almost have me believe in due to its nature and lay out with photos of the time artwork and lay out.
    I thought that this maybe a prewar publication as there is no mention of the War I can find in it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

if all the copies are missing staples, it may confirm that something (a picture, a text) was censored for one reason or another.
      Remember that the first ever SS-Leitheft from 1. Jahrgang was recalled and destroyed.
      I think that it may be an earlier SS book, from 1941/1942, or 1940/1941. A sort of "pre-SS Xmas book" in a kind of way.
      A Julleuchter was on the back cover of the SS-Leitheft 9a/b of 1940, and on the front cover of the SS-Leitheft 8a of 1941.

But maybe we can identify the picture of Hitler with the Weihnachtsbaum ?

http://www.akpool.de/ansichtskarten/...t-adolf-hitler

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
        Hi,

if all the copies are missing staples, it may confirm that something (a picture, a text) was censored for one reason or another.
        Remember that the first ever SS-Leitheft from 1. Jahrgang was recalled and destroyed.
        I think that it may be an earlier SS book, from 1941/1942, or 1940/1941. A sort of "pre-SS Xmas book" in a kind of way.
        A Julleuchter was on the back cover of the SS-Leitheft 9a/b of 1940, and on the front cover of the SS-Leitheft 8a of 1941.

But maybe we can identify the picture of Hitler with the Weihnachtsbaum ?

http://www.akpool.de/ansichtskarten/...t-adolf-hitler

See You

Vince
        Hi Vince,

I wasn't aware the the SS Leitheft from 1. Jahrgang was recalled and destroyed, that's very interesting. Admittedly, this is a fairly new field for me, so there is a lot for me to learn.

I do think that there was something up with this issue and it may have never seen actual distribution.

On closer examination, I found that the staple holes in the cover, and the staple holes on the pages do not line up. This would give me the impression that cover and the contents have been switched from two different publications.

However, if member Anthony Evans' example is the same, and there are other examples like mine with the same contents, then that might suggest that the this switch may have taken place during the period just never fully executed for some reason.

Who knows? It is a very strange issue without any publisher's information or a date of publication printed anywhere in the pages.

Erich

Comment

Hi,

yes, a very interesting mystery. Maybe more is written in the archives of the SS-Hauptamt...

The virtual 1. Jahrgang of the SS-Leithefte was 1935. The SS-Leithefte during the first years were produced by the SS-RuSHA.
          5 SS-Schulungsbriefe (Nr. 1 to Nr. 5) were done, then a project for the first SS-Leitheft (Nr. 6) was printed but then recalled in December 1935.
          Therefore the first real SS-Leitheft is issue 1 of 1936 (2. Jahrgang, Februar).

Source :
          http://books.google.fr/books?id=h0oF...201935&f=false

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X